It's my CPF birthday!

across the pond

Newly Enlightened
It\'s my CPF birthday!

Just noticed it was my 2 year CPF 'birthday' 3 days ago... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: It\'s my CPF birthday!

Congrats!
I celebrate my 3-year next month and I have a lot to show for it. Empty wallet, annoyed wife, flashlights all over the place, a bunch of NiMH batteries and charger etc.
Sooooo, what light are you getting for your "birthday"?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy (bloody?) birthday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif My ancestors have you surrounded - they hale from Wales and Scotland. I hope "bloody" was appropriate and not insulting because I'm not well versed in British culture. I'm not even a year old yet - but I can crawl. Have a bright day.

Greta

Flashaholic

Um... I really hate to do this guys... but... um... you're a month too early... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ... CPF date is month/day/year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like the metric system, the USA ought to adopt the European date sequence - it just makes more sense. There might be clue when the Limeys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif dump the "English" system of measurement.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

lol mine was yesterday.ya poor poeple 1 year of raggieeeeeeee

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Raggie, you have got to be one of our most prolific posters - 3400 in ONE year!!! Cripes! That's a lot. Thank you for your, many, entertaining posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Now I understand the "ragweed" episode. Anything within reason and a reason for everything. Like climbing a mountain, sometimes, "steppin' out", gives us a new perspective on life and its challenges.

BTW, raggie, happy yesterday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like this sequence better 12 Aug 04, no problems figuring out the sequence. The only problem is when Y2.1K hits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

My 4th CPF birthday is today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif
Thank you for the reminder across the pond!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif to the LED Museum - one of our most esteemed (and older than...!?) members.

Greta

Flashaholic

HEY!! I just noticed something! You can go to your personal preferences and choose how you want the time and date to display! It's pretty cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

across the pond

Newly Enlightened

Sasha,
Oops. I assumed it was the US date format. Cool - I get to celebrate my birthday again (just after my real birthday, which is 22nd of this month!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
When was CPF's inaugural date?

Benthead,
I've managed to be pretty restrained so far, haven't emptied my wallet yet...
For my birthday I'll be buying myself a real bargain spotlight I saw in a local hardware store (see spotlight forum).

Jayflash,
Use of the word bloody probably wasn't necessary, but funny all the same. I worked in longisland a few years back, and some guy in a sub shop said "here's your bloody sandwich" in his best english accent. I guess he thought we all speak like a monty python sketch. Pretty funny looking back on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Craig,
It's always good to have a heads up. I almost forgot my anniversary this year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif