i quit my meds today

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it will be a lot better now stupid meds make me titredi

K-T

*Moderator*
As long as you know what you are doing - that's fine.

Don't make us worry about you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Raggie, I don't know what meds you were on, but a lot of them have nasty side effects when you quit "cold turky"
I would like to suggest you talk to your doctor about the consequenses, and if there are replacements with less side effects.

Take care my friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i take many meds to make me think better but they dont work strrra is one cost so much money serequel i take to and i forgoet other

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Please, talk to your doctor, before quiting your meds. There can be side effects that you are not aware of. A lot of meds have to be withdrawn from slowly.

oldgrandpajack

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a choice or is it something you have decided to do? Please, I suggest you talk to your doctor at least, to reduce the amount of medication you take. As oldgrandpajack said, there could be unwanted side effects.

Take care of yourself reggie. Not for you alone but, for all of those who care for you.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Raggie, I've seen it happen way too often where a person with the best of intentions took it upon themselves to stop taking needed meidcation without the ok or input of their Dr. on how to do it with the least negative impact. This leads to the change being much bumpier than it needs to be and unfortunately often leads to a return to the medication with a lot of unpleasantness in between.

IOW, doing this without the input of your Dr. on how to do it increases the chances that you'll be coming back to the medication.

A lot of people here care for you Raggie and don't want to see you go through unpleasantness you don't have to. Please consider what we're saying.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not knowing raggies medical history makes any of my suggestions rather suspect. But...rarely, though a few doctors are little more than pill pushers.

Raggie, if you haven't had another medical opinion, or three, maybe it's time to see someone else. Then again, your Dr. may be just fine and the right meds haven't been tried yet, or perhaps meds won't really help you very much. Maybe you are wasting $$ on the meds and will be better offf without them. Only you and a competent Dr. can determine that, however.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
called dr nurse called me back dr didnt nurse told me take meds im like i still cant leave house she says it takes time. i say time is something i have so i am back on meds ya all are my best freinds i ever had, if all the people in this world was like ya all it would be so much better

marcspar

Enlightened
Just keep thinking....

"My LionHeart is coming, My LionHeart is coming" and you will feel better!

Marc

B@rt

Flashaholic
Good on you rags ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif take your time on reducing the meds, and keep in touch with the doc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
raggie,
Everyone has given you some very good advice and I cannot add to it but you are in my prayers.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good for you Raggie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry that they are screwing with the rest of you at the moment. Hang in there, the side effects really do get better in almost everyone. And if they don't, your doc can try something else.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Raggie,

If you're having trouble with your meds, keep in touch with your doc. They can help you through this.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk about flip flopping. You guys had a cow when I told you I dropped my pain killers to over the counter steroids and protein shakes for managing my pain. They worked and I managed to walk around from time to time.

You guys are right, some drugs like for mental problems should be slowly reduced and quit as they can cause a shock to your system. Another way to lessen the effects of mental medication is to load up on salt or caffeine. Just read the patient advisory abut what foods you should avoid. I had a friend who took that junk in highschool against his will. He found that he could take his pills and load up on mt dew and be happy. Some sodium cancel out the effects.

I cant really advise more from my experience unless i knew more of the condition.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

My dad works with people that have difficulties, and one of the biggest problems they have is not taking their medication. Sometimes they think they will be better off without their medication, but it really doesn't help them, and makes things harder for my dad and themself.

Maybe you can talk to your doctor about the medication you are on and talk about the upsides and downsides of it. Maybe he has something else that will be better for you. But please, don't make any decisions with out your doctors advice.