What are the opinions of the StreamLight ...

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The entire series is one of the most popular bunch of lights ever introduced.

I own all save the 2D, just because I don't like a 2D format.

Useful, cheap, great quality, just pick your size/runtime/number of LEDs, and you will be happy.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here are the runtime plots I did on the TT-3C. I really like this light.....very well made. The TT-3C is NOT an edc light, but one that you'd keep handy in the house or car.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2L and the 3C.

I really like the 2L and would recommend it to anyone.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
great products! i have a 2L that is a great little performer.
i would LOVE to have one with a lux3 in place of the incan, but the incan does fine.

still highly recommended--check out the reviews from the led museum and flashlightreviews.com.

Bob

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
pedalinbob has got it.

A lux lll in place of the incandescent, a little better switch, and the perfect light would exist.

capnal

Enlightened
I have the 1L, 2L, 3AA, and the 3AA Luxeon. I love them all. After seeing Roy's 3C model, I will be getting it next.

Great lights. All are great bargains, too.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 3C and it is a great utility light. It is generally my goto light when I walk out to the woodpile or cut down a path while on the property. It has great runtime...

Aloft

Enlightened
I've got a Twintask 2D and I'm NOT that impressed. It's currently the only light I have that has an incandescent bulb. The incan is pretty sad. . . all yellowy and not very focused, not much throw at all. The LED portions of the light work quite well, with a choice of 5 or 10 lit up on successive button pushes. I've tried many times in complete darkness. . . I just can't see any difference between the 5 LED mode and the 10 LED mode as far as practical brightness. So for me, it's a waste (and an inconvenience) to have two LED modes.
That said, the light is quite solidly built and is probably quite durable, but it's at least as heavy as a 2D Maglite. It's not that it's a bad light, but I think for the money you can do better. . . Inova's X3/T3 (for a bit more $) are amazing regulated lights with throw way better than the TT, or Streamlights own PolyPro 4AA LED which has a brighter flood. Also, the TT does not have the "momentary on" (or "tactical") pushbutton that I find very useful. . . the Inova's and the Propoly do. The ProPoly is smaller and cheaper as well. Runtime is something I can't speak about with any authority, so that may be a factor.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Except for the 2D model these are very nice lights.

The 2L was the first and only option when I was trying to pick a glove-box flashlight for my wife's car. It is well made and represents a very nice compromise between battery life and utility. In xenon mode it is a very, very bright semi-flood and in LED mode it generates plenty of light for nearly 90% of the things I use a flashlight for.

Similarly, the 3C version was given as a gift to my mother-in-law as a dog-walking light.

These lights are very good at what they do even if they lack the gadget-factor of many of the cool EDC/utility flashlights out there.

Jon

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I own a TT-2L, and it's a very nice general purpose flashlight. It has replaced a 3D Mag as our "around the house" light.

The xenon is quite good and has a generally smooth, even beam. For typical household distances, it's all I really need.

The LED mode is great for those times when everyone else is asleep and I don't want to wake them with a wall of light.

Highly recommended.