KL1 on D2 Defender

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if the KL1 head will fit on the D2 Defender? I would like to upgrade my D2, especially after reading the positive reviews about the new KL1. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

suppin

Newly Enlightened
I think the D2 is using a C series body, if that's the case, then the stock KL1 will not fit onto the D2. The KL1 is meant for E series bodies (E1, E1e, E2, E2e, E2O and L4). I am unaware of any aftermarket adaptors that'll mate an E series head with a C series body, though there might be personal custom pieces around...

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jayman,

The only option that you have for an LED in the D2 is a custom conversion using some of McGizmo's parts or a KL3.

The KL3 in stock form is pretty sickly, but a modified KL3 is a real performer. If you look around, you might be able to get a good deal on a modifed KL3.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twice the price? Whoa.. where are you buying from? The KL1 has an MSRP of $56 and the KL3 is only a few dollars more expensive (according to SF's website). If you shop around you can typically get them at around $50+, or try the Buy/Sell/Trade (B/S/T) forum.