Need a good light $50 -- $80

lilmarvin4064

Newly Enlightened
I looking for a good flashlight between 25 to 80 bucks. I need a good long throw beam and would prefer it to run on cr123s. I have a Brinkmann Legend LX. It's not bad but the runtime sux, and I could use a second one. I'm looking into the Luxeon 5W like the Nuwai 5W. Any other recommendations for a bright light in this price range? Thanks.

HesNot

Enlightened
The new Inova T series lights look pretty robust and will definitely have more throw than most LED lights due to the optics.

I've never owned a Nuwai but they are certainly viewed favorably here so that might also be a decent idea.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a general rule LED's offer flood not throw. What is your application that you need "good long throw beam"? Knowing that will help us recommend a light.

davidra

Enlightened
I don't think any of the 5W will throw as far as the T3, but incans will throw farther. In addition to telling us what you need it for, how big does it need to be? I've got a bunch of lights, but when it gets down to throw, my $20 Mag 2C 3X123 is what I reach for, and it takes about 5 minutes to turn a plain 2C into a really bright light.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be looking for something like a McLux with a PR (Pelican Reflector), although the costs would go beyond $80 I think. I have a McLux PR DB700 with a R2H I think, and that gives me a nice and tight spot (with a bit of spill) that gives my 3D Mag a run for its money...
Else, the UKE 2L is good for its runtime as well, altho i am not sure if its as bright as your Brinkman. But the 2-3 hrs runtime is definitely better than most 2x123 incan lights.

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
How do you make your mag throw that far. Is it expensive and can it be done to a 3c.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
You may want to look at a vital gear FB-1 Body and a Surefire KL-1 head (newest generation). This should cost you about $90.

The Longbow Micra is pretty good too.

I have both. The FB-1 & KL1 head kicks the micra's *** in brightness and throw.

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
i will also go with the Inova T series. the T2 is regulated with a runtime of about 4 hours or more. runs on 2 cr123 batteries. good run time and great throw. i believe it is the same as my T1. also under $50.00. hard to beat any of the Inova lights.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Don't forget the Surefire E2E and E2O. They may not be LED flahslights, but you can't go wrong with either one, if you want throw, in your price range.

oldgrandpajack