What is the best LED keychain flashlight

Krit

Enlightened
Hi , I'm in make dicission process to buy LED keychain flashlight. I just know that some band is direct drive to LED and some band is come with regulated.

I'm interested in regulated LED keychain.

Please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

teststrips

Enlightened
I have a photon freedom, and absolutely love it. Once you figure out all of it's different modes (pocket mode, dimmable, flashing) I think it would suit just about anyone. It can be found on ebay easily for less than 15 bucks including shipping. I love the simpleness (is that a word) of the one button design.

of course I am new to flashlight collecting, so the hard-core people will probably disagree with me.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey teststrips, welcome to CPF and why dontcha stay awhile!

New or not, great call on the photon freedom. It's the natural evolution for the keychain light, and comes with that cool little clip.

I am partial to $1 keychain lights, myself, makes em easy to give away and stash everywhere. And I guess my "permanent" keychain light is an Arc AAA head mated to one of Jets22's little N-cell tails, with one of TnC's rechargeable N cells inside. Runs forever, never needs batteries, tough as nails, pretty bright.

Doesn't have the photon's cool modes, tho...

welcome again,
daloosh

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight keymate is a good one too.... It's like a miniature flashlight...
The ladies think it's "cute"...

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think any of the coin-celled LED lights are regulated - even the Photon Freedom - which I think just uses micro-chip controller - but not regulation -

There just would not be any need - since 2032 can direct (over)drive the longer wavelength colors like Red, Orange and Yellow -
whereas 2x 2016 which fit in the exact same space will direct (over)drive the shorter wavelengths - like green, blue and white.

FWIW - Here's a side-by-side comparison (with beamshots) between the 20 for $20 from CountyComm, and the Photon II and Inova Microlight -

20 for $20 LED Lights

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The absolute best would be this one ...

CR2II2.jpg

tvodrd's CR2 II.

Unfortunately it is pure unobtainium.

bernhard

gorlank

Enlightened
Kiessling,

Can you tell us more bout that CR2 II. It sure is a beauty.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a no name freeby about the size of an AAA in white and it is very nice. I also have a neral original photon with a green light and may add or switch it to a red one.

A while back I was looking at my CMG which is not a real bad size and now I'm looking at my QIII which is not a lot bigger than my CMG.

I've pretty much ruled out the Thor...

Krit

Enlightened
Thanks to everyone, There are many keychain flashlight come out and a lot of specs. It's dificult to select for use as the best in my keychain. Also the $1 from china could give enought light for find something in dark car but compare to streamlight keymate is too difference.

Someone told the PhotonII is very good but I didn't try it yet.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
teststrips said:
I have a photon freedom, and absolutely love it. Once you figure out all of it's different modes (pocket mode, dimmable, flashing) I think it would suit just about anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a red, covert model Photon Freedom that I use for astronomy. You are right - the Freedom is really a great little keychain light. I keep mine on a lanyard - I never even notice it's there! After using it a few times, controlling the brightness became second nature. For really hard-core night vision preservation, this is a really useful and feature packed little light. Indeed I bought a couple of the white photon freedoms for my sons to put on their keychains, as christmas presents. The only real problem with the white LED version is that while buying them for my sons, I FORGOT to buy one for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif What in the heck is the matter with me?

mitchfried

Newly Enlightened
I use the aluminum body Peak McKinley with 7 led (high power) on my keychain. A little chunky, but only about three inches long and 1.36 ounces.

Lots of firepower, and the size of my car remote.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
What is the difference between a sonic and a sonic-G?

I have a Sonic and a Photon II. They're not hugely different in brightness, but the PhotonII runs down pretty quick and the Sonic is running on rechargeables so the light is "free" for me.....

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The Sonic is anodized and the Sonic-G is hard anodized.

The lights are the same except for finish. The Sonic-G has a more durable finish.

Krit

Enlightened
How about Dorcy1AAA.? It is very bright one but the work is seem to be China work and doesn't very pretty.