Streamlight TL-3 LED bezel

edison

Enlightened
I was checking out the Streamlights the other day. Does anyone know if the TL-3 LED bezel will fit on a TL-2 LED body? I'm thinking expensive thoughts about a modded large-bezeled TL-2 with a LUX III to get some real throw out of a 2X123 light. What's the reflector diameter of the TL-3 LED?

edison

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
I believe that the TL-3 LED bezel is signifigantly larger than the TL-2 LED bezel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the idea. The bezel appears to be much larger in all of the pictures I've seen. The question is, (if it fits the TL-2 body), how well will the reflector work with a LUX III since it was designed for a LUX V? It's not only possible; I'd say it's probable that the TL-2 and TL-3 bodies are threaded alike because these are both mass-produced lights from the same manufacturer. They are also both TL series lights with similar body styles. It would be cheaper for Streamlight to thread them to the same specs. Does anyone know if the TL-2 LED uses a star mounted emitter?

HunterSon

Enlightened
I had both and the barrels look the same, but I couldn't budge either bezel to see if they would come off. What I did do was try the TL-2 Led module in the TL-3 (used 2 123's ans a spacer). It worked well enough, lots of flood and a small bright spot.

edison

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HunterSon said:
I had both and the barrels look the same, but I couldn't budge either bezel to see if they would come off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't have them anymore?