ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audition for Superlights Shootout (REDO)

Default Audition for Superlights Shootout (REDO)

Having already spent many hours on Shootout II, I have made a "discovery" which will require the re-shoot of this competition in order to show at least one of the light at its best. It's been a real learnig experience getting to know each of the lights on a "expert level" in order to do the write up. Hundreds of photos of each light, repeated run time tests, going to the post office to get an accurate weight measurement.... I really do need to get a life [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, since the "new and improved" MegaRay has been offered, the Ken-3 adjusted, the Ken5 (Sleeper Killer) are now ready, it's showtime.

Open call for all the big guys. If you have a "big gun" please consider sending it to us for this competition. I figure mid January ...

Default Re: Audition for Superlights Shootout (REDO)

Your gonna give me a heart attack!!!! Just when I thought the excitment was ending............. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif[/img]

And what do you mean "Sleeper Killer"? Has it finally been beaten!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is gonna be GREAT!!!!

Oh my god, a new light which beats The Sleeper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
    Really cool stuff, thanks for all of the work [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To bad my new Sleeper Killer "Killer" won't be ready in time for this second Shootout II event.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Maybe next years Super Shootout III??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

sleeper killing??????? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to this. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was very lucky to be able to test the very first 175watt Saphion powered Megaray. But how cool will it be to try it against several other mega lights. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

You just have to go for the everything turned on at once shot! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mark

Jeff

Is another plugin HID (selectable 35w/50w) similar to the HS welcome? If so, PM me an address to send to.

Humm,

Sleeper Killer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] I really can't think of a light you couldn't [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img] to death with it short of an anvil, Ohí you must be talking about out put should we order welding hoods as a safety precaution for ShootOut 2.5 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif[/img]

Later
    Kelly

I don't expect my light to beat the sleeper in output, but it does beat my x990. You need to bring the sleeper to the central valley get together on the 8th of Jan. We'll have jpeg drop a magnesium engine block on the fire [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif[/img], and we'll compare it with the sleeper. Now that's where you'll need your welders goggles. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Uh oh, we're having an arms race...

I like it!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

We still need a Thor HID

Mr.Ted Bear,

My junk yard dawg HID Blitz will be in the mail tomorrow [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Now where is the HID Thor thatís its favorite snack? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]

Later
    Kelly

Nice Kelly[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I would just like to thank you because yor HID Blitz was the light that really got me hooked flashlights. Some day I'll get up the nerve to try that mod myself [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!

Thor......WATCH OUT!!!!!

C ya,
    Baker

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr Ted Bear said:
    Having already spent many hours on Shootout II, I have made a "discovery" which will require the re-shoot of this competition in order to show at least one of the light at its best. It's been a real learnig experience getting to know each of the lights on a "expert level" in order to do the write up. Hundreds of photos of each light, repeated run time tests, going to the post office to get an accurate weight measurement.... I really do need to get a life [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, since the "new and improved" MegaRay has been offered, the Ken-3 adjusted, the Ken5 (Sleeper Killer) are now ready, it's showtime.

Open call for all the big guys. If you have a "big gun" please consider sending it to us for this competition. I figure mid January ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool "new and improved" MegaRay, but I don't expect that big a difference with the updated Megaray. It uses a higher-wattage 175w xenon short-arc HID capsule, but unless the Saphion batteries are providing 'over-drive' to the capsule, you expect only slightly brighter beam, but not necessarily anything different in the beampatterns, unless the optics have been changed. The arc gap on the updated Megaray has been stated by leonard to be "less than 1mm" (which from looking at specs on 175w xenon short-arc HID's that they may be using, would be 0.97mm. Comparatively the Maxabeam uses an even shorter arc gap of ~0.67mm for it's 75w xenon HID; which partially explains the 1,500yd beamshots on Kenshiro's site.

By chance, might there be the same type of 1,500yd beamshots to compare with the SLSI? Those were the ones that I found most impressive as few lights can reach out that far...pretty much only the Maxabeam and Megaray were players at that distance.

One wonders what is meant by Ken5 being a Sleeper killer? If we are talking pure lumens wall of light output, then that would require an 250w HMI as no boosted 250w incandescent bulb is likely to output sheer lumens that could match the 600w Sleeper. BTW what is the lumens output spec for that 600w bulb?

If we were talking about candlepower, hotspot, long throw capability, then there could be an axial filament incandescent bulb boosted sufficiently to reach the 1,500yd throw of most of these superlights. Ginseng knows of which superbulb I refer to (as well I would imagine, Kenshiro) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif[/img]
    Boosted or not, the THOR needs Herculean 'Ahhnold-like' strength and size to wield [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Say, where's the fundraiser for the official CPF integrating sphere measurement tool (inexpensive version could be assembled for around the price of a Beast---see thread in batteries/electronics by tvodrd), administrated by Quickbeam? We need accurate independent confirmation of true lumens output---no more squabbling about how much this or that light outputs in lumens, out the front of the head. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif[/img]

Is there going to be a Newbie Boosted Thor in the redo? I'd like to see that vs. the HID Thor vs. everything else. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    BakerOnFire90 said:
    Nice Kelly[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I would just like to thank you because yor HID Blitz was the light that really got me hooked flashlights. Some day I'll get up the nerve to try that mod myself [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!

Thor......WATCH OUT!!!!!

C ya,
    Baker

[/ QUOTE ]

Baker thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] but donít blame your flashoholism on me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img] like most of us you were either born that way or this place turned you into one with all itís tempting goodies [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif[/img]

After Mr Ted Bead opened up the Super Lights 2 Redo thread I just couldnít resist any longer as I have wondered for a long time how the HID Blitz mod would hold up against the heavy hitters. It ainít very pretty but itís still in the development stage after all this time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] and still has a few quirks about it I may end up getting a bad [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif[/img] but then I will know where I stand with the mod [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Where is the HID Thor [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif[/img]

Later
    Kelly

Yes, we have the boosted thor, sways baby, and a couple others no names.... sadly, no THOR HID....(yet).

Thinking of putting the Super lights on "tour", and bringing them to Las Vegas for the Shot Show in a couple of weeks

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr Ted Bear said:
    Yes, we have the boosted thor, sways baby, and a couple others no names.... sadly, no THOR HID....(yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

I added the red lens cover in my pic hoping to strike fear into the hearts of opponents and weaken their resolve making them pack up and head home or not show up looks like my plan didnít work [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

But a week in Vegas! Iím starting to get jealous of these lights they get around more then I do [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Later
    Kelly

Jeff,

My cmacclel 35/50w HID is in the mail (actually Fed Ex). You should have it by next Wednesday.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Mmmmm.....sleeper killer....drool....

We had a rehersal last night.... more like, Kenshiro needed access to the sleeper.... he needed to confirm that the "sleeper killer" would beat the sleeper... can we say, homicide, first degree ?

I thought 10,0000 lumens was nuts,, 16k 20k and now 30k (Ken5, Ken6 and Ken 7)....

Stayed tuned......

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr Ted Bear said:
    We had a rehersal last night.... more like, Kenshiro needed access to the sleeper.... he needed to confirm that the "sleeper killer" would beat the sleeper... can we say, homicide, first degree ?

I thought 10,0000 lumens was nuts,, 16k 20k and now 30k (Ken5, Ken6 and Ken 7)....

Stayed tuned......

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean 10,000 lumens was nuts? You scared me for a minute.

Anyway, 30,000 lumen Ken7 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif[/img]

I think The Sleeper is going to have to get [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif[/img], so when it gets its [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif[/img], it wont be as bad.

30,000 lumens!!!......(I go off mumbling blameing Kenshiro for driving me insane with anticipation...)

Humm, I see all the photos from the first super light shootout on Kenshiorís home page have been removed. I can only think something bigger and better is on the way and the suspense is deliciously evil [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif[/img] talk of Ken5, Ken 6, Ken7 lights and the 175 short arc Mega Ray.....The mind boggles [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Just got back from Super Light Shoot-Out 2 and the Ken 4 and 5 are the most ridiculous lights I've ever seen. I'll post a little some thing ASAP. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] hehehehehehe......I can't wait. Hmmm.....good thing I'm not alergic to popcorn.

delete.....sorry everyone [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

Still waiting... Did you guys ever get a HID thor? I'd like to see what it does against the Thor boost mod...

I expect the Thor boost to stomp the snot out of a 35 watt Thor Hid.
    Hid is all about run time.

Theepdinker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast