converting an M2 into a 3 batt light

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm seriously playing with the idea of getting an M2 or M3, but can't seem to make up my mind. Ok, I'll probaly end up getting them both in the long run...

Is it possible to use the 6P-9P conversion to make the M2 a 3 batt light? Don't mind the looks. In other words can 9P/C3/D3 lamps be used with this conversion?

Thanks for your input

Luca

Size15's

Flashaholic
By extending the M2 using a body adapter to hold three SF123As, you need to switch Lamp Modules to the P90 or P91 as used by the C3, D3 & Z3.

The advantage is that you have the M2's Shock Isolated Bezel, but you loose the double o-ring seals on the TailCap end, the ability to use the CombatGrip, and have a colour mismatch because the adapter is black, and the M2 is Millennium HA.

Buying the C3 and an M2 Shock Isolated Bezel would allow you to have the 3 SF123A Light output options, and the Shock protection. This is something well worth considering if you don't really need the additional feautres the M3 gives you, such as WeaponLight interchangeability etc.

You can still get a KT2 TurboHead for your C3, but unlike the Millennium TurboHead, the KT is not Shock Isolated.

I would not fit an adapter to my M2, mainly because I respect the M3, and it's features, but also because I don't think the adapter looks very good on the M2.

Have I helped?

Al

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Size15s,

I wasn't sure one could use the M2 head with a C3. Interesting option.

I do like both the lights, but feel that I only need the 3 batt light for having it next to my bed for emergencies and longer range work.

The M2 would be a lot better to carry around, plus it's waterproof and has a pyrex lens.

Maybe the new E2 elite can solve my yearning for the M2. That means the M3 will be first.

I guess I really am torn
grin.gif
blush.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KR2 kit can be use on the M2 just as on the C2, D2 & Z2. You will loose the ability to use the CombatGrip.
The Lamps you use with the B65 NiCad are the same - the P60 & P61.

The M3 Bezel can only accept the MN10/MN11 Lamps. There is no rechargeable option for the M3.

The C3, D3 & Z3 can accept the B65 Rechargeable battery with the correct body addapter, of course using the P60/P61 Lamps and NOT the P90/P91 Lamps normally used with these three cell SF123A models.

Al