What with 50 bucks?

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
What do you think is the best light, overall, (incandescent or LED) that I could purchase with $50?

-Ian Tracy-

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
It is under $50 and yet a very compact, bright, and rather nice looking light. With 1 CR123 battery, it is just over 3 inches long and not very wide. It fits nicely in my front slacks pocket. It has decent battery life for the size/brightness and so is a good value for long term as well. You can also use rechargeable batteries in in which seem to increase the brightness without any noticable effects (I am waiting to hear on any longer term effects). Even so, at the price, it isn't the end of the world to buy a new one if something did happen.

In general it has received VERY positive reviews and mentions on here. Most people have been pleased with the brightness and tint of the light. Mine is very white and incredibly bright.

Hope that helps some...

Chris

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple - for $25 get a Thor. Then with the other $25 get a realy heavy duty key chain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a Nuawi Q-111 or an Elektrolumens XM-3,
also check out the dealer threads and have a look at ebay.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be hard to argue with either the QIII or the Pelican M6 LED. I would probably put the Pelican higher up- a little more power and throw.

davidra

Enlightened
Depends on what size you want...both great lights, but the Pelican's a little big for an EDC

Zigzago

Enlightened
Yes, the answer would depend on your needs and preferences. Size, battery type, brightness vs. runtime, flood beam vs. spot, etc. Ask yourself how you would typically use the light.