• Crocodile II HID

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sway's Lightforce Blitz 35/50w HID

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you want to vote for the Dragon I, just state that below in the thread.

Also, if you already have the light, don't let that effect your vote. Ex: If you already have a Beast, and you like it more than any of these other lights, pick the Beast.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh' I went for the Kenrad it's rechargeable and looks smaller than the others except the Mini HID, now what did I do with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif it's around here somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BVH

Flashaholic
Jim, interesting you bring up this spotlight. I almost went to work for Spectro Lab 32 years ago just out of high school! They're just around the corner from me, so to speak.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, maybe you could ask them for a loaner just to check it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

TheQase

Newly Enlightened
I voted the x990, thats just personal preference.

I also have the maxabeam, but i dont see that listed. I always wanted a maxabeam (since i saw it on Jurassic Park and X-Files)so i bought one.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
Anything else I missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

MaxaBeam! This light was all CPF'ers dream light two years ago!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
Anything else I missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

MaxaBeam! This light was all CPF'ers dream light two years ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as that Spectrolab light above; the Maxabeam is probably my favorite light also, but it's not HID so it dosn't really fit in an HID poll. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

TheQase

Newly Enlightened
The Maxabeam is HID...

But still, I dont care what you say, the MB is the coolest light ever in my books. I know there are few more HIDs out there since the maxabeam, but the throw of the light is awesome, and for no major changes to the light in 10 years, thats quality if you ask me. But thats only my opinion, im sure someone will disagree.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh. I didn't know that Xenon Short Arc lights were HID. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif They have instant start time which is not similar to HID. ANyone have an explanation?

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
I vote for the dragon 1 I own one of them. I have also played with the crocidile 1 and I liked it also. I think that the croc 1 would benefit from a larger and smoother reflector.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true. It dissapointed me in the latest SuperLight Shootout. Seemed to be a dim (high colored) match compared to the other lights.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
Oh. I didn't know that Xenon Short Arc lights were HID. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif They have instant start time which is not similar to HID. ANyone have an explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technicaly Short Arc lamps are still HID (High Intensity Discharge) The light is still generated by an arc but in a short arc there typicly are no metal salts or mercury so the start time is instant, The down side is they are not as effecent. The 35watt D2S bulb We all know in love is a technicaly a Metal Halide bulb, they just add xenon gas to allow it to make light while the metal salts evaportate.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I would not go that far,
I have and love the MaxaBeam as well but I voted for sway's Blightz lightforce 240 mod, I built mine about a year ago now and love the thing, when it comes to brute force, that thing has got it!