Is L2 on high really 100 Lumens??

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at the specifications of the L2 and it shines at 100 Lumens!?! Is that correct?

How's is the beam quality? Does it out-throw the L4?

-tom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
As soon as I get my integrating sphere, I'll let you know how my L2 measures up and we all know that all L2's are identical in performance so one measurement will serve as a bench mark for all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

~or~

Gee, I haven't a clue and never will! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2 - total output in lumens? Haven't a clue, other than "lots"

That thing is BRIGHT for the size.

As for beam quality, picture a perfectly smooth beam, it's not a laser-like spot. Is best described as a "soft spot" if that makes sense. Very useful type of beam. You don't have to scan around to find things, you've got a wall of light.

Whether or not the high mode is 100 lumens I don't know. But I don't acutally use high all that often. Mostly it's low beam, just using high now and then. Nice to know it's there though.

Size15's

Flashaholic
No. The L2's beam and the L4's beam have the same throw. The L2's I've seen have had slightly larger main beams and perhaps slightly brighter surround beams but although I can usually tell the difference when compared side-by-side the difference is not significant in the same way the P60 compares the P61 (etc).

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My integrating sphere clocked the L2 at about 98 lumens on high and about 17 on low. The L4 did well at 72 lumens. (jj) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
jj... ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have special-ordered the L2 and hope that my local store can acquire the light.. (I heard of a back-order...)
What is the difference between the newer and older version of the L2?

-tom

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im kinda sick of SF for making new versions of all their products. Now we have to say "4 generation" or "The one with the ribbed bezel" or "the thing that looks like that... thing...". I have to memorize what every version looks like too.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have and will continue to evolve their products. I think they get some sort of kick out of confusing CPF Members. There is no other reason...

captjlw

Newly Enlightened
For doing a house search, it's the best light I have. A wall of bright white light that really does cover the entire room if pointed form a corner. Outside where I need throw, there is the Lux V Aleph 3 package. On high you get about 45 mins but you will use low much more with frequent pumps to high=plenty of fully regulated high/low useful light.

The L2 has a hot spot but to me has such a bright big conora, it's more of a general white flood. You'll love it.

Disciple

Enlightened
Yes, it comes with one like this.

SureFire%20Z60%20Lanyard%20Kit%2064.jpg

(image provided by Size15's)

The ring was already on the tail cap of the light.

The usual way is to attach the clip to the ring, but you can also remove the ring, and loop the lanyard around the generous groove on the tail cap.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I would need a lanyard to secure the light to my belt-loops. I lost my L1.. I forgot to secure it snuggly.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-tom