Calling all guitarists

kaseri

Enlightened
Just wondering how many guitar players we have here on CPF and what gear you are using?

DaFiend

Enlightened
I'm just learning. i have a cruddy valencia........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Haven't quite toughened up the fingers for a steel string yet.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
I have a Terry MacInturff Taurus on a Line 6 amp. It is too bad i cant play as beautifully as my guitar looks... in short, i suck big time, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TCM Custom
tcmtaurus.jpg

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Former professional here. I currently have two Mesa/Boogie amps, a .22 Caliber and a 50/50 stereo all tube rack setup. I play Stat style guitars and my current fave is one that I personally made. Similar to my Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Series Stratocaster but it is a deep purple blue instead of the dark candy apple like red and it is fully hotroded with HS3 pickups[edit: oops, the HS3s are on the strat, this one has a Screamin' Demon Humbucker with two single coil humbucking Hotrails and all pickups are split-able to single coil,] onboard boost system and a Floyd Rose trem. I play scalloped necks exclusively except for my Charvel which has huge frets on an insanely fast neck.

Lately I've been into playing Steely Dan songs but I have run the gammit. Except for country or bluegrass pickin and grinnin' those guys are awesome and or classical. Love Funk, R&B Heavy Metal and classic rock. Play most things at the drop of a hat lead or rhythm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Les Paul Studio/Wine Red Gold hardware
American Standard Strat Plus/Torino Red/ Lace Sensor
Ovation Celibrity Deluxe 12 string/Wine Red
Takamine EF341C/Black
Takamine EF385 12 string/Blonde
Fender DG22CE Nat/Flamed Maple
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Ibenez Iceman

iceman_guitar.sized.jpg

Carvin 600 Watt Bass/Guitar Amp with DigiTech Digital FX effects processor
Tweeter, 4 10" mids and 1 18" sub
I hate guitar amps, not near enough bottom end.

carvin_stack_002.sized.jpg

Leeoniya

Enlightened
ok, so people have money around here, i guess that's to be expected of those who have INSANELY EXPENSIVE flashlight collections. ..and here i am sitting with my $300 Takamine G-series acoustic. and a whimpy Epiphone amp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. i suppose i could afford a better Taylor or Martin if i made money playing. i like the noise it makes at $300 though, i prefer it to numerous much more expensive guitars out there.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The Backpacker is proof that Martin$Co has a sense of humor! Here is a picture of mine. It actually sounds pretty good!

backpacker.jpg

skillet

Enlightened
I own a Epiphone SJ-200 Sunburst and a Gibson Gospel Re-Issue.. Acoustic for me... Good acoustic players are hard to find.. I am not one, so I should know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Skillet

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
Hm my list..

Fender American Texas Special Strat
Ibanez Artist
Gibson SG Special
Washburn BT-3 electric
Yamaha Bass Guitar

Amps:
Eden Electroincs Nemesis NC212 (bass)
Peavey TransTube 112
Peavey Decade 10 (very old practice amp)
Crate G60

I try to play something every day... Great stress relief.

Chris

DaFiend

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif you guys make me cry cause i know how good they all sound!

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peavey Wolfgang(see avatar). Marshall and Peavey amplification.

I just bought an old crappy Lotus Les Paul copy off my brother-in-law. I think I might hot rod it just to see if I can make it sound O.K. It actually feels pretty good but the electronics are CRAP!! I highly doubt it'll ever sound like my Peavey though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
speaking of guitars, today died in a motorcycle accident the best Argentine guitar player: Roberto "Pappo" Napolitano.

He played with and was recognized by the best players in the world..

sad day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pablo

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chris_Medico said:
Hm my list..

Peavey Decade 10 (very old practice amp)

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]
Used to have one of these about 20 years ago. I think I paid 90 bucks new. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif It was a great little amp for what it was.

kaseri

Enlightened
If it's a "rock" or metal sound that you are looking for I have one word for you.

Soldano

For clean sound I still have to hand it to the old Fender amps & the Roland Jazz Chorus amps are kick ***.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
Is there a good instructional DVD you guys can recommend? I seem to pick up more stuff visually, and i am not musically gifted like some people.