what is your favorite SUREFIRE LIGHT?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you guys think is the best surefire light (what is your personal favorite)?

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: what do you think is the BEST SUREFIRE LIGHT?

Beast. Plain and simple /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Again though, you're gonna need a REALLY fat wallet to afford one. $2900!!!

nexro

Enlightened

For lights costing less than $1000, I would put my vote in for the E2d and U2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cslinger

Enlightened

Best for what? EDC, emergency light, handgun companion, shotgun/rifle mounted, spot or flood?

I personally really like those little bitty E1's myself since I can easily carry them, the KL1 versions throw great, are plenty bright and are just so darn cute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
What do you guys think is the best surefire light?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no "best" light of any kind. What is best for one, maybe useless for someone else. All I can say is that the Surefire that works BEST for ME is the U2.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, The A2 is on top of my list. It's not the brightest, cheapest, smallest, longest running, but it is certainly the best of all worlds...

The C3 on Pilas and E1L are very close behind, though.

nick

rgc

Newly Enlightened

The BEST . . . well that is easy, the best Surefire light is always the next one on my list to get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rgc

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to know your personal favorite.

-David

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

The word "Best" doesnt really make sense. It always matters on what your needs are. My needs? like most others, its bright. If I were bill gates, I would buy a couple hundred 123s and go ahead and use over 2900$ on what people call "just" a flashlight.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah, I just explained it, I want to know what your personal favorte.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Mags said:
The word "Best" doesnt really make sense. It always matters on what your needs are. My needs? like most others, its bright. If I were bill gates, I would buy a couple hundred 123s and go ahead and use over 2900$ on what people call "just" a flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if I had unlimiting resources I'd go out and order a Surefire Beast (2,000 lumens HID) at $2900, and a huge load of batteries to keep it running.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

David,

Wow. I should go into all sorts of qualifications, such as "best for what?" and so on.

But I'm going to skip all that and figure it goes unsaid.

Of all of the SureFire lights which I have owned or used for any length of time, my personal favorite is . . . dang! I can't decide!

Either the M6 or the A2.

OK. I'll go with the M6, but let it be understood that if I had to choose only one light to own, period, it would be the A2.

youthinasia888

Newly Enlightened

For personal daily carry, my vote is for the E1L or E1E (w/Kl1 for that matter)

But the best personal light, it's the U2. Good size and more features.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

cmon guys, why do you keep asking "best for what?" Once again I would like to know your personal favorite, you have to have a personal favorite.

WDR65

Enlightened

Maybe you should word the title as "What is your favorite surefire", or maybe which one do you like the best. My line of thought on this is there are models that I really like and would like to have, but they aren't necessarily the best or most practical for me to have. For example I'd love to have a 10x, but I don't use a rechargable enough to justify the money. Whereas having something like an C3T which at this point is much cheaper for me over the long run. Doesn't mean I won't get the 10x, just means that its not the best for what I do. Right now, my favorite is actually a Z2 with an SRTH turbohead, because it equals or exceeds the light output and throw of my mags while still having a great beam. Ahh.......almost forgot, my next one will be an aviator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That'll probably be my new favorite and edc. Replacing my E2D and E1e. Mainly though my favorite ones are the ones that throw. I have enough short range lights.

UVvis

Enlightened

I have several lights that I really like. But as this is for "favorite"

My surefire Z2 is my favorite light. It was my first real light.

Second place is tie:
E1e
6P with KL3 and the clicky.

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Woo...that's a tough question.

Depending what I need it for, I love the functionality of my A2, but also love the form factor of E2D. But then the N2Z finish is great since it feels more scratch resistant for me.

But if I really have to only go with one, it would be my A2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm going to throw in a vote for the L1. I'm biased since its my first and only Surefire and I just got it (but I did get to play with many others at PF3). I've never seen a switch method with such instant intuitive access to the 2 levels, and the high is bright enough and the low is just right.