so i'm off to work without power steering

Leeoniya

Enlightened
so i\'m off to work without power steering

something burst in my crapmobile yesterday. it then started leaking a lot and it became hard to steer. so hopefully it's just a line and not a pump. as for now i'm off to wrestle my car the machine shop and then to work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

RH

Enlightened
Re: so i\'m off to work without power steering

Hi,

I had a car where the ps fluid leeked and so it didn't have ps at all. Don't go too long w/o getting it fixed as the ps pump isn't meant to be run dry.

Leeoniya

Enlightened

yeah, mechanic said it's fine for now, but need to get it fixed asap.

good news tho. i'm at work. and several round 0.5" and 0.625" prototype circuit boards are punched and just need to be sanded, drilled, arctic silvered to heatsiks, and etched.

Leon.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please get it fixed ASAP. You wouldn't want to get into an accident because of it.

Leeoniya

Enlightened

there's actually not very much wrestling involved. it's a small car. '94 civic. only at low speeds it gets reluctant.

my gf's dad is a mechanic, i'll just call in a few favors.

(i set up his wireless network and reformatted all his laptops in exchange for his first born.)

Leon

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Crapmobile? My dad had a vw golf he blew a seal out the side of the rack. He just cut the belt to the power steering pump and drove it like that til he donated it to the junkyard kidney foundation. THey used an extra belt just to run the power steering pump.

As a side note, they use a similar pump for bucket trucks to work the hydrolics. ALso the same pump with an electric motor for the emergency power.