Streamlight Scorpion LED - What's Your Point?

ckcanon

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Scorpion LED - What\'s Your Point?

If the Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon ($20 street) gives:

3000 Throw
2350 Output
3 1/2 hr regulated on
4-AA (cost $.80)

and the NEW Streamlight Scorpion LED ($50 street) gives:

1867 Throw
2600 Output
2 1/2 hr regulated on
2-123A (cost $2.50)

What's their point? Am I missing something???

ckcanon

Newly Enlightened
Re: Streamlight Scorpion LED - What\'s Your Point?

Sorry, the Propoly Lux was $32. I acknowledge the size difference but with the PP Lux you're paying $.23/hr for light and the Scorpion costs $1.00/hr for comparable light ... 4-5 times the price. I guess I just love AA lights.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you don't care about size (or weight which hasn't been mentioned), I recommend you pick up a Thor. The cost per hour per unit of light is a 'little' bit better than either of those two options. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

VWTim

Enlightened

Size is a big concern, carrying a Pro Poly would be a little difficult in my belt holster, let along concealing it under a tee shirt.

Free

Enlightened

Seems like the Tasklight 2L is a better deal. Is it regulated like the Scorpion?

Mark2

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Free said:
Seems like the Tasklight 2L is a better deal. Is it regulated like the Scorpion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but just like the Scorpion it uses 2 lithium cells and I wouldn't expect it to have a better runtime. Besides that, the lens is very cheap plastic and the low setting has one of the worst flickers of any LED light using pulsing for dimming. IMHO, all the Streamlight models using their new LED head (TL-2 LED, Scorpion LED, NF-2 LED) are better than the TaskLight 2L.

Free

Enlightened

I have the pro-polymer lux 1, and the TL-3 led, and both are sickly green and not nearly as bright as my TaskLight 2L. I also have no flicker on low with my 2L. It is far from a great light, but much better than my other Streamlights.