Has anyone else seen this before?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was out on the highway going to the bronx zoo a week or two ago, and saw the following.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

There was so much traffic, that people were actually getting out of their cars, standing against the side, calling others on their cell phones, even lying down on top of their cars probably falling asleep. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

Edit: Mags, if you reduce the size of your images you can restore them. Otherwise, we'll leave them as links. - Empath

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Other than the fact you REALLY need to resize your photos to make it so we don't have to scroll - PLEASE, yeah, I've seen it - heck, I've been stuck in it - the worst was a 4+ hr stop - car carrier flipped about 3/4 mile in front of me - took them a LONG time to clear enough for us to get out of THAT mess

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
One my least favorite things is getting stuck in traffic. Fortunatly, I've never been in a jam like that before. I can't imagine what it must be like!

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you will have to excuse me because I live out in flyover country but it seems to me that NYC is a zoo. Of course it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Wow - what a mess. Actually it's probably good for those people to get up and stretch their legs if they're likely to be sitting for a long time. While I don't normally advocate getting out of one's car on a highway, there's a case to be made for avoiding deep vein thromnbosis by getting up and moving around.

matt_j

Enlightened
I think it was a jumper down on the GW bridge that we had two weeks before and we closed it. Bridge was reopen in 40 minutes.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, traffic? I thought you were referring to homeless people in the median or something like that or beggers. No, been lucky here, although the earlier the better it seems.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
eluminator said:
but it seems to me that NYC is a zoo. Of course it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I never asked to move from the quiet suburbs of bergen county NJ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif I completely agree about NYC and the zoo. Its too noisy around here and seeing so many apartments squeezed together makes me sick sometimes... It looks like a mass prison very often and I just feel like running all the way back to leonia in NJ and live the life I used too.. Sorry for rambling on...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
eluminator said:
Well you will have to excuse me because I live out in flyover country but it seems to me that NYC is a zoo. Of course it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Except I wasn't in NYC - I was in Eastern CT, on my way home. No fun - no fun at all. In NYC, the cops would have closed the highway behind us, had us back out to the previous exit (actually make a U-turn), and we would have been on local streets and moving - all probably within, of 45 minutes or so - heck, they probably would have had the highway OPEN by then - NYC cops are GOOD at that - the wreckers would have just shoved everything to one side or the other, and opened at least one lane - unless there is a faitality, they get the highway open FAST

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I was stuck in traffic on my way to Reno,NV. It was so bad that some passengers started walking ahead on the emergency lane to be picked up later when the road opened up. I eventually 4X4'd my way off the freeway and used my trusty GPS to find an alternate side road to get me around the accident.

DarkLight

Enlightened
being stuck in traffic is like a taste of hell.....

blah I hate it...

I have a video I shot of a lifeline chopper medivacing some teenage girl who pulled out onto a highway in a small car and got hit by a cherokee.......not good...

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard that interstate 15 between and Las Vegas and Los Angeles sometimes resembles a parking lot. That road goes through a couple hundred miles of desert with no signs of life anywhere. But still people seem to think the U.S. is underpopulated. I give up.