"I swear, the fish exploded by itself".........

code09

Enlightened
Re: \"I swear, the fish exploded by itself\".........

hahaa awww, that is pretty cute...
I love the title of this tread! Does your dog like squeeky toys?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

00001035wz.jpg
There she is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

moephiues,
Nikki loves squeaky toys! She will purposely and continuously squeak a toy in my lap if I am on the phone too long. She has more toys than I have flashlights!! I figure dogs are not around forever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so why not spoil the heck out of them while they are here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifMy dogs (I'll post a pic of the little one) have birthday parties, they love the car, they sleep in the bed and we cook all of Nikki's meals for her. (G.I. problems require it) There is nothing I wouldn't do for my dogs.
Lisa

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is Nikki's 2nd and Bailey's 5th birthday party (combined)Nikki's tummy is bare because she had to be shaved for an ultrasound. It's all grown back.
Lisa

00001046nn.jpg

00000887qz.jpg

code09

Enlightened

hahaa really?? thats awesome! Thats so cute. My girlfriend has 2 dogs as well, they love sqeaky toys too! Thats y i ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I am semi allergic to dogs, otherwise i would have a couple myself as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. We just brought them to an "offleash" park not too long ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, seemed like they had a blast!

What kinda food do you cook them? Dont they get fat if they eat human food? (im assuming you cook human food). They seem pretty lean and fit in the pics though...my girlfriends dog is overweight!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

moephiues,
Bailey eats Eagle Pack Holistic Select dog food and Nikki eats ground turkey w/vegetables. I buy pure ground turkey rolls and slice them into pieces and boil them on the stove. I take frozen (less additives) vegetables and cook them and serve it all together. I mix calcium, multivitamins, and other vet recommended things to make the diet complete. Turkey and veggies alone are not complete. You must provide the vitamins and minerals essential for the dog's health. My Nikki has a host of problems, hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia in one elbow, and G.I. problems. She is doing remarkably well because she is very well cared for. (and costing me a fortune)
My little Bailey is a rescue from minpinrescue.org and she has no problems at all. Go figure. I fell in love with Nikki when I first saw her as a baby. Her problems were not diagnosed until later on. I will take the best care of her until she leaves this earth.
What kind of pooches does your gf have?
Lisa

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Great pics, especially the "B-day hat" pic! Thanks for the smile!

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"I swear, the fish exploded by itself\"........

Please shrink all the pics to under 600 pixels wide! even on my 1024x768 lappy they are TOO DANG BIG!!!!!!

neg

code09

Enlightened

ohhh wow, you really are dedicated! I wish for Nikki to continue doing remarkably well!

My gf has a husky/mut kinda dog i think? and a pomeranian, or however u spell it.

That little pomeranian though, its so small, but it never stops barking at people! Its so cocky and loud, sometimes bites people too, and it purposely pee's all over the place....got any advice? We were thinking of getting a zap collar, do those work?

Someone also told me that dogs know about their apperance, like when you give it a haircut, and its ugly, they know that...is that true? If it were, we were thinking of giving the little dog a "ugly" haircut, so then maybe it wont bark at ppl as much? Let me know what you think!

Moses

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

hahahah embaris your dog with a bad hair cut!! hahah!! I like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gessner17

Enlightened

hehe, here is a pic my dog when I forgot to take my magazine to work and left it on her cage. I came home to this...

dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Neat pictures, Lisa! Lab retrievers are SO intelligent and loyal. Nikki must be a real joy.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhotonWrangler,
Thanks! Nikki is quite a character. IMO, everyone should own a dog.

Moses,
I'm no dog expert, but as far as the Pomeranian goes, there could be several factors as to why it's doing what it's doing. I don't know the home situation such as how old is the dog? (ages of both dogs) How long have the dogs been living together? Some dogs do things out of jealousy or spite. I wouldn't recommend a shock collar for a dog that small and depending on how long the problem has been going on, it might not help at all. I would maybe consult a professional if the problem is really bad. Just my thoughts.
Lisa

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

gessner17,
She said "that'll teach ya' to put me in a cage"
That is a pretty dog. How old is she and what's her name?

Lisa

gessner17

Enlightened

That is Teal, she is about 10 months old, I found her as a stray puppy. She is a great dog, she is so smart and very loyal. She is a Wiemaraner, vet says she's a pure bread.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
ChocolateLab33 said:
Thanks! Nikki is quite a character. IMO, everyone should own a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you're allergic to dogs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

MaxaBaker,
That would be a bummer. If I could not have a dog because of allergies: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif