ARC AAA Rev4 - WOW, Return of the King!?

MY

Enlightened
Peter has just revealed that the ARC AAA Rev4 will be released in a few weeks. It will have the same form factor as the old ARC AAA but with a tapered head and have the new Nichia high powered LED. There is some info on the manufacturer thread. Evidently, the Rev4 will put out twice the light and run twice as long as the old trusty model.

Wow, I think this should really make the CPF community smile! Although Peak did an admirable job, IMHO, no one has come up with an ARC AAA equivilent. Now leave it to the master himself to reinvent the standard bearer light.

For those who are more inclined, could you please link the photo from the Manufactuer ARC thread so that folks on this thread can see the prototype light. Thanks.

Regards.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nano

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MY

Enlightened
While I agree that the nano has a high wiz bang factor, I think that there is a lot of demand for a simple, bright, long run time $30 AAA light that is known for high quality. Again, nothing against the nano but I think that we are comparing apples and oranges here.

Regards.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
The king?

I wonder if there will be a offer to trade in arc aaa rev3's?

Sadly, I have two Arc AAA's and one Arc AA that are deader than
a used battery. I paid good $ for them and hope for them to last
a lifetime and take care of any problems by the lifetime warranty
it came with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
All I can say is contact the man and ask him how much to fix em, perhaps he will do it at a cut rate price making keeping it a better deal than replacement.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
although my AAA-P didn't work well(intermitent all the time)
I want one! I do wonder about the LED, the 26K i put in one photon, and the new 2x freedom seem to be pretty equal to each other in brightness with each other.

I did hand pick from 12 26K'er's, but one thing i like is the tint and the the fact the 26K seem's to have some pretty good throw for what it is, where the nichia is not as much.
I wonder if peter will offer it with LED option's?

I have a jupiter and Boy that is the bomb! with some work maybe it could be used if not in a AAA in AA. it rock's.

I still love my new peak interestingly, It has the near the same output as my 26K light's, and throw's. any idea who make the peak LED's, and also the 26K Just that since it's a new LED and circuit, maybe it's one other the other. VDG

way I see it there are to really good AAA light's for us

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
David,

Peter did posted a while ago regarding his offer to fix broken ArcAAA lights at his new company. Email him and see what he says you might even get a LED upgrade while he's at it.

Failing that, you can send the head to me. I stock a good amount of parts for repairs.

Vince.