Just a thought.....

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old saying goes that you get "Older and Wiser" but no one warned us that we may get "Older and Wider".
I think that those who have gotten "Older and Wider" who are required by an Airline to purchase 2 seats should be able to drive in any carpool lane by themselves.

Just a thought....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Every once in a while my wife and I will buy three tickets to an event for the two of us. It allows us to spread out and be more comfortable.

We get the funniest looks from folks, especially if it's an event with bleacher style seats. They look at us as if we are breaking the rules. By mid afternoon we frequently have to ask a neighbor to give back our seat.

I wish I could buy two seats on the Southwest flights. I hate the small seats and full flights.

Daniel

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being 6 foot 3 my head and legs are just too long. In most cars My knees hit the dash and sometimes my head hits the head liner. I rode in an older jeep cherokee with a friend and man, I had to slouch as my head hit the celling, knees were ok.

I rode on amtrak to dallas and back, it took a week in all. 3 days each way. The seats were just too small and sitting in two wasnt possible as they had a hard hand/arm rest between them. I put up the foot rest, it was a thigh rest for me, it didnt even come out to the back of my knees. The head rest was poking me in my back, so I rolled up a blanket and placed it in my lumbar area to off set that. The most comfortable seats were in the cafe and the plastic ones in the smoking lounge.

I cant imagine how a fat or wider person would of handled that. They likely have sores from sitting on the edges of seats, arm rests, etc. A fat co worker sat it my seat at work and broke an arm rest. I guess she spilled over onto them and one wasnt up to supporting her weight.