Michael Jackson not guilty on all counts

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I could be wrong, but what I think it really means is that they didn't have enough of the right kind of evidence to PROVE that he's guilty. FWIW, I think he's guilty. That interview with Bashir creeps me out each time I hear it.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have mixed feelings about the verdict, but at the end of the day the prosecution failed to prove the molestation and conspiracy charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

I do feel that Mr. Jackson's alleged actions in his private quarters are kind of weird, but "weird" is still different from "molestation" in a court of law. It's not illegal to be weird.

I'm really crossing my fingers that this has been a wake-up call for him and he'll get some professional help. He's been living in a bubble, surrounded by a bunch of yes-men eager to protect him. This setting was so disconnected from reality that his continued quasi-existence in his bubble became self-perpetuating. At least this whole ordeal, all 574 days of it, has poked a tiny hole in that bubble of his and allowed some outside air into the place. We can only hope.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I think it just points out the difference between "obviously guilty" and "beyond a doubt".

I doubt that he's learned anything. He did, aftre all, get away with it again.

He learned nothing when he paid the kid $2,000,000 to be silent. He learned nothing when he paid another $20,000,000 (child and parents). Well, he learned that he could buy off witnesses.

I'm pretty sure that he'll do it again. Don't be suprised if he moves somewhere that has no laws against sex with young boys. That's what will happen if his advisors are smart.

Daniel

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe if the prosecuter had a more credible client, jackson might've been indicted. but when you have a known grifter vs an alleged pervert. the allegeds in most cases will beat out the welfare cheaters! my 2cents

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with photon. Being creepy doesn't make you a child molester. If you want to meet a real convicted child molester, one moved in only a few miles from my house a few months ago. The local home owners association is about to start a campaign to drive him out of town.

Even if you think MJ is guilty, think about this. There isn't any secrecy about this, everybody knows. Anybody that lets their kids get close to the man deserves to have them taken into protective custody.

It's the nice guy next door you have to worry about.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Did anyone here watch Late Night With Conan O'Brien last week when they had Triumph the insult comic dog go to the Jackson trial? That was a hillarious bit.

analogguy

Enlightened
I heard that he celebrated by going to Mervyns because he thought that boys' pants were half off. Sorry, couldn't resist.

jtice

Flashaholic
All hope has been lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I knew he would get off free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
senecaripple said:
maybe if the prosecuter had a more credible client, jackson might've been indicted. but when you have a known grifter vs an alleged pervert. the allegeds in most cases will beat out the welfare cheaters! my 2cents

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite agree, but that's OK. It just doesn't make very much sense. They aren't very good grifters if they were unwilling to settle for a cash bribe like the other "aleged" victims. There were others that corroberated their stories, but taht lawyers made it sound like just a vendeta.

Daniel

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
Even if you think MJ is guilty, think about this. There isn't any secrecy about this, everybody knows. Anybody that lets their kids get close to the man deserves to have them taken into protective custody.

It's the nice guy next door you have to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great points, James. You've got to wonder about the mentality of any parent who places their young child in a position like that, especially if there have been allegations of past problems with Jackson. And yes, they're still allegations - none of us have been in Mr. Jackson's boudoir to witness any of this.

And yes, ordinary neighborhoods are rife with the Real Thing; just do a search for the sexual predator website in your area. It can be a real eye-opener!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Our system is far from perfect and there are errors that occur on both sides of the fence all too often. Still it's the best system that we have and it still stands above the brutality that masquerades as justice in many other parts of the world.

14C

Enlightened
I hear he's going to celebrate by going golfing with O.J. and Robert Blake...............

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
This is true and we are all very fortunate that we have a great system of justice rather than a guy with a machete, but I'm starting to think that fame and money will buy you anything...I mean just look at OJ?? Perhaps I am being too idealistic, but I have a lot of faith in democracy and I am out to get those who take advantage of it.

DanK

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I agree that the OJ verdict was a travesty; I think he was guilty as sin. I think there's a fundamental difference with the Jackson case though; whether he was declared guilty or innocent, I still see him as a frail individual with a badly distorted sense of reality who needs a lot of professional help. I'm not sure that I can ascribe the same bad intentions to Jackson that I see in OJ. I don't believe that Jackson is deliberately hurtful to others. I just don't think that he's been living in the real world for some time.