Received the Gladius Night Ops

*Bryan*

Enlightened
I am very happy with it, in my preliminary stage. I was playing with it for a half hour, in day light...lol

The strobe is really strong and disoriented me when I looked at it. I will say, I wish the strobe could be left on without having to hold the button in...Other than that, I am completely happy with it. I didn't necessarily need a tactical light but I wanted to see what all the whohah about this light was. I like the dimming feature. I really like the way the tailcap locks out also. I think that is key to not have accidental lighting in a bag or pouch..Operating with one hand is easy enough, though I have no need for it. I like the grips, they make the light really easy to hold and near impossible to drop (IMO) ..
Finish seesm fine and I guess time will tell how good it really is. It is also really really light to carry...big plus there.

Very nice light. I will play with it tonight and decide whether or not I will keep it. I have the Peli 3 watt ha 3 and I am not sure which one I will be keeping. One of them is gonna go though so...

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Thanks Dano

Well, I had a chance to play with the light last night and let me tell you it was fun. I like the throw of the light. it really is awesome.....The strobe doesn't use as much power and the throw is less when in this mode. I noticed it play with the light in the back yard 100 ft away....

Still not sure if I will keep the light...The throw is awesome though!!!

*Bryan*

Enlightened
I will compare it tonight and get back to you. I will have to charge the strion to do a good comparison..

*Bryan*

Enlightened
I want to start out by saying I am no light guru. These observations were made by me in my back yard....

I took the Strion and the Gladius into the yard. The batteries in the Gladius were used maybe 4 minutes, so relatively new. The strion had a brand new charge.

I tested them against the back fence which is approx 100ft from the back of the house.

The gladius has a very nice brightness to it. Seems almost like a flood at that range thoughthe hot spot seems to be almost 6 feet at that range and tends to kinda act more like a flood.

The strion, has a 6 foot hot spot that is very bright. You can clearly see the hot spot and some spill as well. The way it looks, it seesm the strion will out throw the Gladius. I can't tell how far, but in my little 100 foot test, the beam on the strion can easily go further, where the gladius' beam is nice, but almost like it getting near it's end. Where the hot spot seems more like a flood than a hotspot..

*Bryan*

Enlightened
After some thought, I may be getting rid of the Gladius. I like it but for what I use them for, it's too rich for my blood. It will be in the bst section if anybody is interested...