Nice ebay Luxeon I bought

Turbo_E

Enlightened
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5213436641&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

3 Watt lux
comes with a rechargeable CR123 lithium battery (750 mAh)and mini charger in a padded gift box and holster

only 3½" long with clicky button on rear.

LUX_SL_10_01.jpg

the battery charged in about 1 hr. the lux bin is unknown as the bottom has no markings but the star does say lumileds. The beam also has limited focus ablity.

overall the light is very bright and white, seems to be a very good bin as stated in auction.

cost me about $44 CAD (or $35 USD) shipped.

under the lux it has a tiny booster circut

overall, very pleased with this light as its smaller and lighter than the MXDL 3AAA style (about $20-25 USD) and quality seems much better.

Turbo_E

Enlightened
it throws pretty good. I havnt measured actual distance tho but it seems to have a nicer hotspot than the MDXLs too. BTW a fully charged cell = 4V.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
Yeah not bad, but I kinda doubt that it's a real luxeon if it doesnt say anything on the bottom.

[/ QUOTE ] You mean that some stars which have 'Lumileds' written on the top of them are actually not made by Lumileds? Do you have any picture examples/evidence to share with us?

Pila_Power

Enlightened
There are a lot of products not immune to the 'rip-off' society...namely China... but yeah - I wouldn't be surprised to see em.

Heck - even some of OUR products have been copied by someone in China - nothing you can do about it except be proud that it was such a great gizmo that someone else did their best to imitate it.

Printing 'Lumileds' on a bit of pcb would be as easy as anything if you were in the business I'd imagine.

(Sorry, no hard evidense here, just educated speculation.)

Turbo_E

Enlightened
note after a liberal application of thermal paste the body will get quite warm after 10 minutes

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
The star looks funny to me.....

[/ QUOTE ]
me too!

thats a LuxI star. LuxIII stars are all black and the emitters have wider +/- tabs...

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a pic of the Lux III star copied directly from Lumileds website. It is not a white LED though.

starIII.jpg

This one is a pic of their Lux I star:
star.jpg

They both seem odd to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (but then, I don't know any better)

Turbo_E

Enlightened
well mine is probably a rip off, but nonetheless its very bright and white. note the crappy lettering.