the phil hendrie show

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Phil is based out of LA and was on KFI 640 (one of the most popular stations) and his show is funny. Clear Channel bought a bunch of stations and he was moved to another LA based one.

Phil hasn't changed and he's as entertaining as ever. His characters are all his own voice and he doesn't use a voice box or other enhancements.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was pretty popular when he was night time at KFI. He would create these outrageous situations with his fake voices and try to sucker people who weren't in on the joke to call in and (usually) complain. He then went to daytime KFI and did pretty well (better than I thought he would - I didn't expect morning drivers to call in as much). Then he left.

I remember one where he had a guy call in who had just caught the tooth fairy in his daughter's bedroom and had shot it. In the background of the call, you could hear this "flutter, flutter" noise of the tooth fairy's wings as it was presumably dying, while the guy was explaining how it was a perfectly natural thing to do.

THAT was funny...

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
in my opinion - most of the time - phil hendrie's show is really lame and stupid.

at where I work I run a 900mhz stereo radio station

I loan out a bunch of recievers and many many people own their own 900mhz recievers.

If I play the phil hendrie show I get my 900mhz recievers back really quick.

tom leykis - much better.

anything is better than phil hendrie's show.

I am sure he has his rare moments

I am amazed he has lasted this long.

I have 2 childhood friends who are older than me that just love his show.

they are in their 40's and they still live at home with their parents(never moved out - never had girlfriends or steady jobs) - go figure

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I listento him on xm sat radio, 7-10pm est. Hes funny. I love his art bell impressions and coast to coast. Then the host of other characters and the dumb people who call in thinking its real. I also subscrbe to his website and you can see him talking into a phone receiver and the mic as he flips a switch for the character and him self.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
markdi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Tom Leykis used to interest me whgen he was focused on current events. The last couple of times I heard him recently he'd degraded into "who's banging who." Seriously, he was using that term far, far too often.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif