Aleph 2x123 question?

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of getting an Aleph 2x123 Flared Body, but I would like to know what the little hole (in the flared section) can be used for? Using it to attach a split ring to use as a lanyard attachment in the only thing that I can think of.

I like the look of the Aleph body, but do not like that it does not have a pocket clip; has anyone out there found this to be an issue?

Thanks!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pocket clip issue is being addressed by McGizmo, he is in trials with some titanium versions.

The hole is for a split ring/lanyard.

Bill

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hit the nail on the little hole.

There were some custom clips offered, but right now none are available and Don might come up with some kind of "universal" ti clip if we are very lucky.
If you consider the lack of a clip a serious feature depends solely on your carry preferences ...

Here's a pic of a custom clip by another CPF member:

TiNcombo2.jpg

bernie

mahoney

Enlightened
I usually carry my Aleph in a holster, so lack of a pocket clip is not an issue. That said, I have a standard Aleph tail cap with a custom pocket clip made by Chop and it works well. I use it occasionally but a 2x123 light is a bit long to fit in my pockets and I'm not really comfortable just letting the light hang on the outside of the pocket. If you are comfortable carrying that way, you could try the cellphone buttons and belt clip sold in the Shoppe as a carry option.