New Arc AAA 80 percent brighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Is this claim on the website true? Is it 80 percent brighter than my old AAA, which I got in 2003? If that's true, I might have to get me a new one...but mine is plenty bright... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlameOn

Enlightened
Guess I have to get on the list....my present Arc is a tourqoise color which I like a lot but I do miss the white light at times...I'm wondering if the white would be a better choice....what color do most of you guys get?

KenBar

Enlightened
Question please...
I have backslidden. I got a job that I traveled way way to much and have not been as active as I once was in the forum. It was a surprise that Arc left the arena. Now they are back. I am pleased.
I went to the web site to try and buy and it did not allow.

Question. In the old days, you were sort of encouraged to buy from dealers. You could buy direct from Arc but paid list price. Where is the best place to buy from now. I want one of the new ones that is premium light.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont have any numbers, but it's noticeably brighter on a fresh battery than my original ARC is. Fairly obviously brighter too, you don't need an integrating sphere to see it.

Does it demand that you replace your current arc? well? It demanded that I did, but you might be different /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlameOn

Enlightened
Do you really think I can carry around a flashlight knowing there is an improved model that is 80 percent brighter? I am just as anally compulsive as the rest of you...thank you very much.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets see:

New Arc-P with NiMh on left and 2001 model arc-LE on right with lithium.
Over 80% by my eye. In practical usage you really notice it in the spill more than anything.

a2estd.jpg

Kenbar, they are backordered till at least Sept, and not accepting new orders till they catch up.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compared to one of my original (4 years old) Arc non premium the newer premium sample that I have is more than 80% brighter. I really like my older Arc's because they've got character marks but the new ones are enough of an advancement that I'm retiring my older units. But until Arc can catch up to demand, we may be in for a long wait.

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Peter,
August 5th has come and gone but I see you are still not accepting new orders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Do you have a new estimate of when I can get on the list ? (your site, which until 2 days ago, said 8/5, now says all back orders will be filled by 8/19, does that mean you won't take new orders till then ?)

I don't mind waiting, but it is getting a little tedious checking everyday to see if I can order yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Arc AAA-P is also more than 80% brighter than all my old AAA's. It's more like 105% brighter. Peter is being conservative because they aren't all going to be exactly the same brightness.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cave dave said:
Lets see:

Over 80% by my eye. In practical usage you really notice it in the spill more than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're comparing a rechargeable cell to a lithium and expect an apples to apples comparison? I hope that you're not really serious. There's about a .5v difference in the two cells.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Dr_Joe said:
Peter,
August 5th has come and gone but I see you are still not accepting new orders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Do you have a new estimate of when I can get on the list ? (your site, which until 2 days ago, said 8/5, now says all back orders will be filled by 8/19, does that mean you won't take new orders till then ?)

I don't mind waiting, but it is getting a little tedious checking everyday to see if I can order yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check back in September for new orders. You can also see the order thread in this forum that talks about the Auguest 05th date.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kitelights said:
[ QUOTE ]
cave dave said:
Lets see:

[/ QUOTE ]

You're comparing a rechargeable cell to a lithium and expect an apples to apples comparison? I hope that you're not really serious. There's about a .5v difference in the two cells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I think it's a reasonable comparison. The newer Arc is *disadvantaged* in this comparison and still comes out brighter. To me, it's actually a good way to demonstrate that the newer model is brighter.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
CM said:

.. The newer Arc is *disadvantaged* in this comparison and still comes out brighter. To me, it's actually a good way to demonstrate that the newer model is brighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that was sort of my point. The Lithium is in the dimmer light. The new arc Rocks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Check back in September for new orders. You can also see the order thread in this forum that talks about the Auguest 05th date.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Thanks 'TIN', I meant to post that in the other thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif (sorry)
P.S. Last I read Peter expects to be backordered until February /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Just got my new Arc AAA P today and I would say it is definately brighter, the side spill is also better. I was walking around all day with a big grin on my face just waiting for the night. I have used an Arc AAA as an EDC item for 3 years now and I feel like I just rediscovered it again. Happy day!!!

KenBar

Enlightened
I would sure like to get on a list. It might (?) help Peter see where things are going. I don't mind waiting. It is a little rough waiting to get on a waiting list. No grumbling intended. I looked for such a link on the site but did not see anything.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
KenBar, there is no waiting list. Once Peter has ample stock on-hand, he we reopen the store, so we can order. At that point, it will be on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. It's possible that the store will be opened once Peter feels the product is a week or two away, however I'd bet that it won't reopen until some stock is available.

Short answer is............... a waiting list does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.