I use my Arc AAAv4 ( )% of the time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Well, I've been carrying my Arc AAAv4 for at least two weeks now and it is always, and I mean always in my front left pocket by itself!! I also carry another light in a ripoffs CO-37 on my belt. They absolutely compliment each other and as far as lights they are all I really need! I have been kinda watching how I use my lights and have discovered that I use the AAA for at least 75% of what I need a light for! It's nice to know I have more light on my belt if I need it but my first instinct is to reach for the Arc. So, for those of you who edc the AAA, what percentage of the time is your Arc sufficient?? And, for those who don't own one, now is the time, you deserve one!!!!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Arc for a great product!!!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
My Arc4-AAA is attached to my Spyderco Jester and is in my right-hand front pocket at all times. Sometimes I'll also carry a FF-II with POP2 or a Peak, but I'm never without my Arc4-AAA.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Ray, I followed your lead and bought some Energizer lithiums and am very impressed! I have used the Arc4-AAA a lot and haven't noticed any dimming. The weight difference is also noticeable. Great batts for the AAA!!!!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here Ray, I never thought that using lithium batteries would make a big difference. Thanks for your input!!

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
Mine is on my keychain, so it is with me most of the time.
Q3 is with me slightly less often.
LSH-P sits on the desk, wishing that it got used more often.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't "notice" any dimming with Alkalines either. I can routinely get Alks for $0.25, While Liths cost $2.50 each. Hmm 10 Alks or One Lith? Your choice!

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I use my Arc AAA v4 95% of the time! Even before the v4 came out I had carried the classic standard or LE every day. I find the new v4 AAA meets my needs for the smaller every day tasks I need a light for. I add an L4 or A2 for bigger jobs.

The_virus

Enlightened
I use my Arc AAA (v4) everyday, and have since I got it. It's twin is now a bit brighter, but the Arc still outshines many of my other lights like a Gerber Infinity Ultra on a fresh cell.

Anyway, I EDC my Arc in my right front pocket along with a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon in a belt holster, and I haven't touched my Jr. Lux since I started carrying the Arc. I really don't need the extra brightness of the Jr. Lux often, but I like the 'brighter than most' performance of the Arc. I'll say I use my Arc 93% of the time.

LowWorm

Enlightened
I usem my Arc AAA-P v.4 about 70% of the time. Mostly for reading. It's always in my pocket, and when it splits time it's with my HDS U60.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
90+%. It stays in my left front pocket with my car key and change. My older one has been moved to my keys/lanyard.

I use the new v. 4 for pretty much everything except in the house. I've got lights everywhere and often I don't have my pants on.

sbebenelli

Enlightened
kitelights, you walk aroung the house without your pants on? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

clays

Newly Enlightened
I use it for 90% of flashlight tasks since I got it a month or more ago, and it stays in my front pocket with change and other items, not on my keyring. Sometimes at night I will grab a G2 or an Infinity Ultra from the nightstand if I need a flashlight depending on what I'm up to. On hiking trips an Infinity Ultra might get a bit more use due to less concern of losing an I.U. and for the I.U.'s longer runtime, but for the other 90%+ of the time, it's the ARC-P v4 from my front pocket.

buba

Newly Enlightened
100% of the time when my pants are on.

Left front pocket - stashed in my Notesaf along with an old Fisher brass Cap-o-matic and a Kershaw Leek.

TheMadHungarian

Newly Enlightened
It's a little over a week old so it's still a new toy, still i'd say with the Inova X1 in one pocket and the arc v4 in the other, I'd say about 80% of the time now, I still like the spot the X1 throws. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
90% for me. My Arc AAAr4 has given new life to my incands. Who cares if you blow a bulb when you got a pocket rocket in your pants (get your minds out of the gutter!!!). Come to think of it, I haven't had a P60 or MN03 die in service yet. Funny, now my expensive Surfire LEDs (L2 and E1L) don't get used as much unless I'm camping. My belt carry lights now are an E2D or G2.

javafool

Enlightened
I carry my Arc AAAv4 every day and use it probably 80% of the time. For an emergency or find my way around the house flashlight, the blue tint doesn't bother me at all. If I need more light or better tint, those lights are never far away.

rscanady

Enlightened
The blue tint bothers me a lot! especially for the price. The new ARC is no longer in my pocket but resides in a bag. It has been replaced again by my modded Q3. It never went on my keychain, that will stay with the Jil DD from TIN. So now I EDC a green A2 and modded Q3.

Status
Not open for further replies.