3 day weekend trip to Sequoia National Park and you know what :)

stockae92

Enlightened
Just came back from a 3 day weekend trip to Sequoia National Park. We stayed at the tent cabin where there is no electricity ( == no lights at night). you guys must understand why I was more than happy. :D

These are the lights that I brought and used a lot.
Inova 24/7:

Its handy with the lanyard for carrying around and hanging it on the wall. I have to run it in on high white most of the times cause low white is simply too dark for walking and inside the cabin except for reading. And I set it to beacon mode at night so that I know the exact of at least one of my flashlights in complete darkness. I didn't need the rest of the modes though.

Ultra G:
It's absolutely wonderful to use. Its plenty of bright for the inside of the cabin and it runs for a long time. This is really all the light you need inside the cabin. I have 2 and they are more than enough. I kept it by my side all the times.

1W Q3 MM+ sammie w/ NX-05 on mmag host:
This light is great for walking. Not a throw monster but it will light up where you are heading. And it throws long enough so that you don't have to get real close to read the cabin number. People are amazed at how bright this little mmag is. :D

These are the lights that I brought and either used little or not used at all.
3W MM sammie w/ 20mm reflector on mmag host:

Throws a LOT better than the 1W sammie w/ NX-05. And the reflector gives you enough side spill to see whats next to the host spot. But when it comes to a walking light, I picked the 1W sammie w/ NX05 instead.

Q3:
It was my spare and didn't see the day of the light (or night)

SF G2Z w/ P61 (w/ spare carrier & P60):
Nothing (or nobody) that I need to shine a brinding light on, but it was kept in my bag with me at all times.

Some other lights stayed home but maybe they will get their chance the next time around.

For the WIS:
I wore my Citizen Land Promaster Eco Drive Perpetual Calendar (BL1164-55E) on black Zulu strap. The watch was never off my wrist and it was light (thanks to the titanium) and comfortable the whole time. I don't have to worry about rough use (thanks to the 20BAR WR, sapphire crystal and Duratect). It remains high legible day and night. I didn't charge the lume up deliberately but it remains legible at 5:30am (and sun rise not too much later on).

It was a great trip to see the huge Sequoia in person. Its simply amazing how big it is. It gives us the proper prospective on how small we are (literally) and how we should appreciate the nature. :)

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did a three night camping trip in July. I brought with me a Petzl Tikka headlamp, a Surefire 9P outfitted with two Pila 150s and a P91 bulb, a Surefire 6P outfitted with two 4.2v r123's from JSBurley and the P90 bulb, a Princeton Tec Surge, a Princeton Tec Attitude LED, and an old Maglite 6 D cell retrofitted with a Surefire P90 bulb.
I didn't use the Surefire 6P or the 6 D Mag much although they both came out for some use. I did use the Tikka headlamp the most and it was really good. The multiple settings were great. Low for reading and in the tent work. Medium for outside work tasks and high setting for throw. I noticed that the State Park Ranger was using a Princeton Tec OES Headlamp. The Surefire 9P was a show stopper and lit the entire area up. It is one of my favorites. The Surge was also really lit up the campground but not as well as the 9P. The Surge is rated as as dive light and would be first choice in rainey weather. The Attitiude was just great for closeup work, maybe just a bit too bright to read with on fresh batteries but became more useful as the batteries dimmed a bit. I really like this light. Inexpensive too.
Oh, I also hung up 8 hr glowsticks in the tents at night. All the kids on the trip loved them as a night light. They provided steady illumination all night plus. They were more than enough to find anything in the tent. Maybe even too bright in the pitch black night. You really didn't notice them outside the tents though.

stockae92

Enlightened
i agree

you don't need much light in pitch black, especially inside the house/tent