Surefire L1 vs. E1L and E2L

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Is the newest style surefire L1 on High just as bright looking at the Surefire E2L?

The surefire site list the L1 as 22 lums and the E1L as 25 lums and E2L as 30 lums. I was just not sure if the new style L1 is still 22 lums as the web site shows the old style.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I suggest that you ask Surefire. [email protected]

EDIT: Might be [email protected] instead.

The L1 has a different regulator (in the body), than the regulator in the KL1 bezel (in the bezel). The KL1 is the LED bezel on both the E1L and E2L. The L1's regulator is optimized for use with one 123A cell.

oldgrandpajack

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
oldgrandpajack said:

The L1 has a different regulator (in the body), than the regulator in the KL1 bezel (in the bezel). The KL1 is the LED bezel on both the E1L and E2L. The L1's regulator is optimized for use with one 123A cell.

oldgrandpajack

Will do,
Is everyone at Surefire called Stuart? lol...

I emailed surefire before about other things, stuart replied.
I called surefire about sending in my black A2. I talked to stuart on the phone.

I ask about the L1 on CPF and I get told to email stuart at surefire, lol

Kind of funny,

BTW: Stuart said he is from South Dakota after he found out were I was from.

Does he say that to everyone.... :laughing:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldgrandpajack said:

oldgrandpajack
I settled down for the new SFL1 after i tested E1L vs L1 vs L2. My inital intention was to get the L2 but its kinda long to EDC.
Totally unaware that the E1L was stated by SF to have a slight 3 lumens above L1.
When it goes heads on no doubt the L2 was brightest but the E1L was much dimmer than the L1. Luxeon lottery for me maybe??