PayPal, how do you have 2 accounts?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I opened another PP acount to accept cash-PP so no fees are taken off. Problem is now I can't get the money out. I can't even send PP with this money!!!

It says I need to add a CC or bank acount. Well I tried that (CC) and it says you can't because you've used that CC with your other PP acount (the one that can accept credit pp and gets charged fees). I didn't try to add my bank account as it will probably say the same thing.

So what am I supposed to do? How do you other guys do it? Sign up for more different CC's? :(

I can have them mail me a check but then theres a charge for that. :(

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add your bank account to the new one.

I have a CC PP account, and a separate PP account that zaps my bank account. I think the prob you are having, which I ran into previously, is that you can only use a particular credit card with one PP account. So when you try to use that same card with a second PP account, it says no thanks and tells you to use another credit card, debit card or bank acct.

I find PP rather confusing and not user friendly.

best regards

L

LITEmania

IsaacHayes said:
.... Well I tried that (CC) and it says you can't because you've used that CC with your other PP acount (the one that can accept credit pp and gets charged fees)....

Here is the way to withdraw money. but if once you register your credit card information, your new account will be upgraded and paypal.com will suck his fee from your account on every transaction. You decide carefully.

First, log in your "other PP account" and go in Profile menu and delete "the credit card" which you want to register in new PP account.

Then, log in your new PP account and register "the credit card".

Now, you withdraw the money from new account

..but i don't know how many hours, days will be taken....

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle: The problem is my main PP is registered with BOTH my bank and my CC. That way I can send instant transfers to people without waiting 2 days for the bank to clear it, as it uses the CC as a backup source and thus allow you to send right away.

Warren: See above. If I do that then my main PP account I can't PP people without waiting days for it to clear for them to ship. :(

The 2nd account I have is only for receiving PP cash. I would like to be able to get to this money perhaps by even using it to pay for things. But it won't even let you do that unless you register a CC/Bank with them. :(

What I need to do is use this money to PP for some things. Well I can't do that. So looks like I'll have to pay 1.50, wait for them to mail me a check, then deposit it into my bank, then send PP from my main account. Seems like a big run-around. I should of just took the 3%+.60cents or whatever fee when I received this money. That would work out to about 1.50 anyways. :(

I don't like how they don't let you accept CC transfers unless you upgrade your account, then charge you for even incoming cash transfers!!

Topper

Flashaholic*
Just open a small bank account for that. Use the same bank if you do internet banking you can move the funds to your other accounts. A small account will have a different account number so it should work just fine.
Topper

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Be careful, trying to move the credit card to a new PayPal account. Last year, I opened a Premier PayPal account, moving my credit card from my Personal PayPal account. It raised a red flag with PayPal, and I lost the use of that credit card on PayPal, until it was verified. Had to wait a long time to verify it, because my billing period for that credit card had just ended, forcing my to wait for the bill at the end of the next billing period. Have to use a four digit number on the bill, to verify the card with PayPal.

Open a new free checking account, for the new PayPal account. Locally, I can open one for $25.00. Don't buy any checks for the new checking account.

Don't use a Debit Card with your PayPal accounts. If someone should do a chargeback or contest your sale, and there isn't enough money in you checking account, it then goes to your backup Debit Card. It would get very expensive quickly, with overdraft fees. It would be like a dog chasing it's tail. :(

oldgrandpajack

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Powernoodle, I'll probably just get another account to link to it. PP probably doesn't like us having 2 accounts, one to get around their fees!

Topper: True. I wonder if my same bank will allow me to have 2 free checking accounts?

GreenLED: I was thinking about that as a short-term solution. I may just wait and check out the 2nd checking accoun thing.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldgrandpajack: good tips. BTW why does opening a free checking acount cost you $25? Or is that one free, each additional one is 25? Do you really think the Debit thing would go in an endless circle? Can you recommend a good credit card to get? (I don't want to pay any anual fees or any crap like that.. I don't like to take out loans/have debt..)

Thanks all... Seems there isn't any easy quick fix.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I didn't express myself very well. Open a free checking account with a $25.00 balance. That's the minimum here. And don't buy any checks. I have both free checking accounts, for PayPal, at the same bank.

Talk with your bank about the credit card. They may be able to help you. I haven't gotten a new credit card in years, so I don't know what the market for them is like now.

oldgrandpajack

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah ok hahah. Belive it or not I've never bought checks in my life. Hardly any place around here besides wal-mart will accept them because of fraud. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Ah the modern age. Can't have one simple bank account anymore. Got to love computers. Oh well I wouldn't be able to get the stuff I want without all this nonsense though! :)

olebluebird

Newly Enlightened
Here's on thing I found out about PP. Your CC is linked to your email address so you can't use the same CC for two different email addresses. You have to use a different CC for each address.

On top of that they want your bank account number. Too much for me.
Oleblue

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
olebluebird said:
...On top of that they want your bank account number. Too much for me.
Oleblue

I only use the free checking accounts with PayPal. My bill paying checking account, which pays interest, is perfectly safe.

oldgrandpajack

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Just remembered something.

Not all free checking accounts are the same. Have seen literature recently, where free checking accounts required monthly check writing activity, and/or monthly direct deposits. I'm fortunate that my bank doesn't have any hidden requirements.

oldgrandpajack

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine changed recently, well my free savings account did. They charge some bad fees if there is no transfers within a certain peroid of time. You gotta make so many transfers/per month or something. So I just move money back and forth my checking, doing nothing with it just activity. Sillyness. Good point.

balazer

Enlightened
PayPal has no problem with people having two accounts - one personal, and one premier or business. That's stated in their help files.

The thing to do is have a personal account linked to your bank account (and credit card, if you like), and a premier account linked to nothing. That way you can receive money no charge on your personal account and get it out by transferring to your bank account, and receive credit card payments on your premier account. Get the money out of the premier account by PayPalling yourself from the premier account to the personal acocunt.

If your premier account is already linked to your bank account, you will need to remove your bank account info from your premier account before adding the bank account info to your personal account. Or, you could downgrade your premier account and upgrade your personal account. You are allowed to downgrade once.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
balazer: You said "Get the money out of the premier account by PayPalling yourself from the premier account to the personal acocunt." If you don't have a CC or bank account registered with a PP account, it will not let you SEND paypal from your paypal balance. So that won't work. :(

balazer

Enlightened
My bad, I guess you need a credit card on the account before it will let you send money. But I see nothing about needing a bank account to send money. So you can put the bank account on your personal account, and credit card on your premier account - in which case the personal account would be receive only. For the most flexibility, you need two credit cards.

Last edited: