Night beamshots - various lights ...

wquiles

Flashaholic
I recently took some indoor and outdoor beamshots (link) while evaluating the Gladius that I got during the passaround, but since today I "finally" got my brand spanking new SF-M6-CB ( :naughty: ), I decided to expand the lineup and also try to get brighter shots to try do a better job of capturing the very elusive sidebeam. These photos are "far" from perfect, but I feel they do capture the general idea ;)

Canon Rebel XT on manual, using kit lens (18-55mm) on full wide angle, manual exposure (F5.6 - 6sec). Fence is about 100 feet from camera.

2c host, VY0T overdriven DD with a 1 ohm resistor on 2x18650 bare cells, using an IMS 27mm reflector and UCL lens:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2168_t.jpg

Gladius, highest setting, new Battery Station cells:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2169_t.jpg

VB-16 with IMS 27mm reflector, on a 18650 cell, TW0J, highest setting (this is closest to Gladius):
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2170_t.jpg

UK4AALED on new cells:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2171_t.jpg

My custom 6P with UX1L and DB1000 on two RC123 cells:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2172_t.jpg

My custom 9x 5mm 35K KevinL LED's on POP module and 17670 cell, G2 host:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2173_t.jpg

My A2, on low (35K KevinL 5mm LED's), with two RC123 cells:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2174_t.jpg

My A2, on high, with two RC123 cells:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2175_t.jpg

My new modamag 1D host with WA1319, with 4xAA (series) CBP1600 cells, Kiu adapter, MOP reflector, UCL lens:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2176_t.jpg

My new SF-M6-CB with new cells, MN-21 lamp:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2178_t.jpg

My new SF-M6-CB with WX1T/DB1000 LED Lamp module:
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2177_t.jpg

And here is a group photo of the lights "tested":
link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2179_t.jpg

link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2180_t.jpg

link to 1024x768 image
IMG_2181_t.jpg

Will

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Excellent job, Will!

A quick question about your quote, "new SF-M6-CB with WX1T/DB1000 LED Lamp module." Is the module removable (like those made by ArcMania), or is it permanently fixed into that M6 Turbo Head? :)

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are great beamshots. That M6 looks brutal. I would have suspected it to be closer to the FM 1D mod.

Curtis

kukula

Enlightened
I was slowly scrolling down all the beamshots, going like uhmmm nice. Then finally scrolled down to the M6 beamshot and go Whoaaaaa! Now thats a light! The M6 rocks :rock:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
wquiles,

Thanks for this! I know how much work is involved in doing the shots and uploading and posting them, and I appreciate all your time and effort. Good stuff.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Schuey2002 = It is a module just like those made by ArcMania, but made by CPF member Kiu some time back. I had to then assemble the module with my own LED and converter. These SF LED Lamp "modules" give a great "practical" beam due to the excellent SF reflector (although in my experience not as much pure trow as a M*g reflector). The first light, an even brighter light(over driven VY0T), has a much smaller reflector so it gives out lots of light at close/medium distances, but it can't touch the trow of the SF reflector ;).

cue003 = The 1D is not the FM 1D. This is a 1D host from modamag that I built myself using modamag's new 4xAA series adapter. Mine is driving a WA1319 which is only about 200-250 bulb lumens or so, so of course, it will get "killed" by the SF M6's HOLA beam :naughty:. In addition, the design of the Mag reflector gives out mostly trow, even with the MOP that I am using, so you only see the light in the corona with too little spill. I am on the stippled reflector passaround precisely becuase I find the orange peel reflectors not good enough for me - I want to sacrifice trow for more sidebeam.

kukula = This is my first ever M6 with HOLA experience, so yes, I was also blown away at how beatifull the beam was :D. Still, since 500 lumens (conservative rating) is a little overkill for how I use lights, I will likely only run the MN20 bulbs, once I can get a hold of them :(

js = Being that I am just a beguiner and admire your work/efforts, I am very humbled by your comments - thanks :eek:

Will

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Very nice !!!
Thanx for the hard work ! :thumbsup:

Don't you love it when the SF M6 HOLA has its word :devil: ?

bernie

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wowza! That M6 is freakin' sick! I gotta get one of those, but the wife would absolutely slaughter me if I spent $400 on a flashlight....

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Use B/S/T and get it for less, telling your wife it was a bargain and you saved a lot by buying it now ... :D :D

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, that would work - NOT! Them I guess she would only beat me senseless instead of slaughter me....

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
wquiles said:
js = Being that I am just a beguiner and admire your work/efforts, I am very humbled by your comments - thanks :eek:

Will
Will,

Don't sell yourself short. Your pics are great, presentation informative, concise, and knowledgeable. You answered lots of questions floating around in my head. If you consider yourself a "beginner", then I haven't even begun to begin.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Kiessling said:
Very nice !!!
Thanx for the hard work ! :thumbsup:

Don't you love it when the SF M6 HOLA has its word :devil: ?

bernie
Indeed. Since the M6 HOLA was "lighted" towards the end, you kind of get use to the "normal" lighting of LED lights. Just as your eyes are adjusted to these, you then turn on the M6 HOLA and then it was like "holly cow - this thing IS freaking bright !!!". As I am pointing to my fence, but in the direction of my neighbor, I was hreally worried that my neighbor was going to come out and yell some profanities at me :crazy:. In all fairness to the hotwire community, the MC85 that I built some months back was even brighter, but man, oh man, the beam coming out of the Turbo Head is just simply beatiful :naughty:

KDOG3 said:
Wowza! That M6 is freakin' sick! I gotta get one of those, but the wife would absolutely slaughter me if I spent $400 on a flashlight....
They are "only" $305 from OpticsHQ after the CPF discounts. That is who I got mine from. Just save up some money and get one - the M6 is an awesome package :rock:

Lurveleven said:
Nice pics Will. Boy is the low on the A2 low, does look like it is not on at all.

Sigbjoern
Yep - A2 on low (LED only) has almost no trow compared to the other lights. Similar to my 9x5mm LED shown there, but since I have nine of them instead of 3, you can see more of it ;)

LED Zeppelin said:
Will,

Don't sell yourself short. Your pics are great, presentation informative, concise, and knowledgeable. You answered lots of questions floating around in my head. If you consider yourself a "beginner", then I haven't even begun to begin.

Thanks for your time and efforts.
I am still learning, but thank you :eek:

Will

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yowsa. Nice pictures. It's a good reminder why I have the SF M6 in my "arsenal" of lights :D

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Wquiles

Thanks a lot for the cool beamshots.
Do you have a M*gmod Quadumire or something similar to look at in comparison?
(I guess you don't or you'd have shown that too but I thought I'd ask...)
Thanks again for the education about the Power of Incans

GrooveRite

Enlightened
That M6.....HOLY MOLY!!! I believe I have discovered my next light thanks to Wquiles, lol. Now where would I have any use for that :thinking:

Will, thanks for talking the time to provide these wonderful pics for us to dream and drool over :drool:. You my friend, are no beginner by the impressive set of lights you have shown us.

Cheers