My Mini-HID

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally after which seemed an eternity I finally made a Mini-HID....actually I made a couple. These things are great!!! At just under 7" long there the perfect size light with unbeatable output for the size!

Mac

Mini_HID-vi.jpg

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I'd like to make a Quad with 8AA to be the size of your center one and use a FatFlex in the tail switch.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all 3 have the same bulbs? How many watts are the bulbs? What are the battery configurations? What are the runtimes?

Thanks,
John

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to dissapoint you guys but the other 2d and 2c are stock and where just up there for a size reference. I I'm in the process though of making a couple 1d Luxeon powered lights with my new dual stage tailswitch. Also I have a 21 watt scratch built light coming up soon. The 4cr123 powered miniHID has I think about on hour runtime.

Mac

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the light in the middle is a 21w HID? Run on 4 x cr123a?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
john2551 said:
So the light in the middle is a 21w HID? Run on 4 x cr123a?

The Middle Light (MiniHID) is powered br 4 CR123 battery's and utilizes the Welch Allyn Solarc 10watt Lamp and Ballast.

Mac

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
If I could think of one thing that's even smaller than the light I make now, it would have to be the miniHID. :D

You really dont realize how tiny those things are until you hold one in your hand.

larryk

Enlightened
Nice work Mac, I can't wait to see your 21 watt version. BTW I still have the 35/50 HID Spotlight I bought from you about 2 years or so ago. Larry.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
Sorry to dissapoint you guys but the other 2d and 2c are stock and where just up there for a size reference. I I'm in the process though of making a couple 1d Luxeon powered lights with my new dual stage tailswitch. Also I have a 21 watt scratch built light coming up soon. The 4cr123 powered miniHID has I think about on hour runtime.

Mac

Mac,

What size mag will your 21w HID go in? Are you thinking about a 24w?

Thanks,
John

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 21 watt ballast is 1.8 inches wide which will not fit in a Mag tube. My 21 watt will be my first fully machined home made light (If I can find the time!)

Mac

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn. Whether to save up my coins (when I have them again) for the MagHID or something like this mini... :D

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
very very nice

a while ago I was going to sell my perfect arc ls3(very rare) to pay for a mini hid.

It took me over 3 months to find my ls3 so I missed out