XO Tint?

tntsl

Newly Enlightened
I'm a newbie around here and I've seen a couple lights and LEDs listed with what I think is XO tint. For example I've seen both TXOH and WXOT listed. I've looked at the page explaining LED bins but I don't see the X tint designation. Who knows what that tint is?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
X0 is very white. Right next to W0. From my experience, all my X0's were white and not bluish, and my W0's were slightly pinkish to yellowish.

grnamin

Enlightened
I have a UX1L that's very white, whiter than an TWAK. The latter is very slightly pinkish compared to the UX1L. :shrug:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have a UX1L driven to 937ma... I think there is a tendancy for most of the bins to get whiter when pushed beyond 700ma. At 700ma, V1s and X1s usually aren't super white in my limited experience, but when let free to be wild, they can be very white.

greenLED

Flashaholic
cratz2 said:
Yeah, I have a UX1L driven to 937ma... I think there is a tendancy for most of the bins to get whiter when pushed beyond 700ma. At 700ma, V1s and X1s usually aren't super white in my limited experience, but when let free to be wild, they can be very white.

LuxIII's are color-binned at spec current; lower than that and who knows what color you get. I still love my YA ArcLSL. I think I mostly try to get XO's, but after a while they all start looking greenish. :confused: