Are Twisties All Backwards? **Update** [YES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

awenta

Enlightened
Re: Are Twisties All Backwards?

No, you are describing, I think, the way it should be. Why hold it in your teeth? Just hold it in your palm. Just twist it right and its ON.

But it isn't that way. In your teeth you can hold it facing you.

Or... Get a clicky?

awenta

Enlightened

~

It don't work that way ........ it either IS ....... or it AINT.

You were late to this party ..... so you take over now .

I'm tired ....... I'm going to bed .

~
You won't know what it is if it ain't.
Not that late.
Me too, same time zone.
To be continued.

Tommygun45

Enlightened

I have a clicky. I have all clickies except my Revo and E01. I carry either a Rotary or a Quark AAXML in my pocket. My Revo is simply the light that is on my keys. Why the hell should I have to put my light in my teeth to turn it on the right way?

But it isn't that way. In your teeth you can hold it facing you.

Or... Get a clicky?

bansuri

Enlightened

Please don't ever visit Australia our light switches operate upside down, flick down to turn ON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_switch

Norm
Should read "Please don't ever visit Australia our light switches operate upside down and all of our wildlife will kill or injure you. Even the little insects."
I have enough 2-way switches in my world that ON is whichever way makes the light turn on, unless someone leaves the switch at the other side of the room at the midway point then I break out my light du jour.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please don't ever visit Australia our light switches operate upside down, flick down to turn ON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_switch

Norm

Our way makes more sense. How much easier is it to turn on a lightswitch in Australia with your elbow while you're carrying a box when you only need a rough, downward swipe.

This is why there's the sitcom stereotype of Americans falling to their demise down the basement stairs, and no equivalent here.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Hold the head and turn the body, you'll get right to tighten.

If anyone is still confused about tightening anything looking face-on at it, please,....please go back to school.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
kaichu ............ if you say so .

You are the one who came here and marginalize the positions we had going in the pool party.

We were mostly in agreement till you came here and marginalize any position opposite YOUR own. We were in the majority . We were in support of the title and the OP's observation.
Well you'll find yourself constantly frustrated if you think that majority opinion is always right, but if that's the way you want to go, get a Maglite and sell off all your other stuff. Pure majority bliss therein. :)

Additionally, it's your posts that have attempted to single-handedly suggest that I should be marginalized since I don't fit with your supposed majority. Funny how the OP is more open to answering my posts in a normal conversive manner than you are.
I see where you're at. A member had mentioned how the LiteFlux lights did a 'tighten to turn off'. This was not my original post however. I didn't care if a light tightened or loosened to activate. I just thought that a light should always activate, or turn on, when turned right.

My argument was that our instincts as humans, in this westernized capitalistic world we live in, is that when we want to accomplish a task by twisting we twist right. That is all.
I understand that perspective, but just which action should happen when turned to the right, and is it viewed from front/back/top or bottom?

It also seems reasonable to me that the storage position is achieved through rotation to the right, but further complicated when viewed as a two handed motion which can see the battery tube being turned by the right handed person, using their right hand to turn the battery tube to the right to turn off the light, or using their support hand, which is the left, to turn the tube to left to actuate the light, or to the right if faced up at a 45 degree angle to turn right to actuate.

I don't find a problem with the position that you present, in hopes of having actuation work in reverse of how it does, but moreso with the assumptions going along with the hypothesis suggesting that users will all work and view the mechanical actuation from the same perspective.
I don't agree that the thread is Stooooooopid .

I think the OP brought up a valid topic for discussion .
I don't think the thread is stupid either but your manner of reply definitely suggests that anyone disagreeing with your view has an invalid perspective, which further suggests that you don't really think it's so much a valid topic for discussion as a forgone conclusion and those who disagree need not attend.
Can someone who has more than 2000 posts tell me if its a "Twisty" or a "Twistie". Please don't attack my nerdery but for grammatical sake, but from a little research in the English language it should be ...

Twisty
Twisties
I think many of us have been through the same quandary, particularly with the existence of the Ra Twisty in our midst.

I refer to the Ra Twisty/Twisty's or rotationally controlled lights as twisty or twisties. In any case, we need not break each other down over how the words are used so long as we understand what the intention was.

At least, that's how I see it.
Hey ... OP .... don't go off topic !:sick2:

It don't matter how it's spelled .
As the OP, he didn't go off topic, since it's always been particularly allowable for the OP to refine or bring in additional topic matter to threads they've started in the first place.

Jekyll & Hyde

Newly Enlightened

when I am using the light I am pointing it away from me, as if I were screwing in a screw. I intuitively think, turn to the right to tighten. I am usually not looking at the business end of my lights when I turn them on.

J: Ohh NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

H: Not when Maglite has Finally gotten it right! (tighten to turn on...).

J&H

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~ :)

Kaichu dento ,

I think maybe you have taken this thread too seriously ... and too personally.

And it has become obvious to me ........ that you don't like me .

So in the future , I will try to remember to leave you alone , and not comment to you.

I think you will like it better that way ................ Ta Ta . :)

~

Roccomo

Enlightened

I love my RA Twisty- running my 18650 tube on it now. What a great, tough light. :thumbsup: I've been thinking about starting a new thread asking if people are still using them.

I have mine on me right now :wave:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Kaichu dento ,

I think maybe you have taken this thread too seriously ... and too personally.

And it has become obvious to me ........ that you don't like me .
If you'll read through your own postings I think you'll find this 'too seriously and too personally' part fairly descriptive of yourself - you could actually start with this one.

Anyway, so much for the thread de-rail and the fact that you've completely ignored any of my points.

Back to the real topic, I still find the issue to be mostly a perspective issue and not a bona fide problem.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

And kaichu , I also respectfully request that YOU don't reply to ME , in the future.

Anything that I say in the future , please don't think it is directed at you .

~

Back on the rails now .

~

Hoop

Enlightened
There are right hand threads and there are left hand threads. They don't change with your relative orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.