Battlestar Galactica: Season Finale. Who saw it?

• Thread starter Cosmic Superchunk
  • Start date

loalight

Enlightened
Lebkuecher said:
So who is going to be watching the start of the new season tomorrow night? I'm will be and looking forward to it.
Oh hell yes. Time mag got it right; best show on TV.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a Farscape nut, I never gave show a chance. But today they did a Chain Reaction and played it during the daily rotation, and I caught the last 2 new episodes (finding the map, finding The Pegasus). By the end of the second one, the cliffhanger, I was almost jumping off the coach and yelling.
I am SO impressed with this show. I really need to see this finale.
Oh, and after playing the cliffhanger, they played a little synopsis 30 min show to catch me up on the series so far. :)

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I've got my generic cable co. DVR set to record BSG tonight. I really want to see how the Adm. Caine and Pegasus arc unfolds. I might not watch it tonight though, as I've got a second-opinion appointment with a LASIK clinic, and I'm sure to get those eye dilation drops which will screw up my vision for a good 12-24 hours.

:(

My biggest question is if the Pegasus is a "new" Battlestar with all the computerization that the Cylons can explot, how did they survive? Admiral Caine said that since they were in dock, with much of their crew on leave, she just threw the Pegasus into a "blind jump" to escape the initial attack. But that doesen't explain how they survived the later contact that they've made fighting the Cylons.

Is it just a plot-hole we should ignore for the sake of creative drama?

Did the Pegasus "de-network" their systems to be more like an old Battlestar? (Lee/Apollo still flies his "new" Viper. Presumably they downgraded it to be more like an old Viper, so I guess Pegasus could have done the same.)

Are the Cylons "allowing" the Pegasus to survive as part of a plot?

Either way, I can't see Caine and the Pegasus being around too much longer. Either it gets destroyed, and the characters of interest make it back to Galactica, or Caine and the Pegasus take off, to potentially settle a score with the "mutinous" Adama at some later episode.

(SPOILERS BELOW)

It does look as though Adm. Caine gets relieved of command, at least temporarily. One of the preview commercials for tonights's BSG shows a brief flash her standing at gunpoint.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The computer hacking thing has never been fully explained, other then Baltar gave the cylons a backdoor. Several ideas come to mind, like the writers saying the Pegasus erased their systems and rebooted from a protected memory core.

*I liked the original Baltar played by the late John Colicos who also played Kor in the original Star Trek. Times change and today's audience wants characters with all sorts of emotional issues to deal with.

Last edited: