Can someone help me fix my PCs sound?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually what is occurring may not be a full "crash". It goes to about 1/2 progress on the install then prompts with the "This may destabilize" message I continue and it stalls out for about 2 or 3 seconds and then goes black. It appears to me to be going almost as if it had been restarted, but not all the way, If I remember right it skipped the memory test and goes through the rest of the start up process. After it comes back it runs slowly until I restart again.

seaside

Enlightened
This issue got me interesting, so I checked the computer model you said above and found this might be the mainboard it has in it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07029&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/bph07328/en_us/bph07029/loc:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&product=77419

I can not clearly see what AC-97 codec is, but it said the mainboard is Asus p4s333-m based on SiS chipset. Then try this link for drivers.

http://driverscollection.com/?H=P4S333-M&By=ASUS

Hope this helps.

Oh, by the way, the PC is way outdated. It is able to handle simple programs, but not powerful enough for today's complex softwares. Have any plan to get a new one?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a sound card and installed it but XP could not find the driver on its own. I googled the card but so far the only thing I have turned up are the websites that want to sell me a driver program.

Does anyone know where I can get the driver for this sound card?
S3 Sonic Vibes Q9C3FB PCI Sound Card

Thanks.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
of the two sound card drivers that I've installed, one was so complicated that I just started doing random things and it worked. The other was pretty straight-forward, but slightly different compared to most other kinds of drivers. First, I ran the executable, and it uninstalled the old sound driver. Then it forced a restart, instructing me to rerun the executable after the reboot. I did so, it installed the sound card, told me to reboot again, and it worked from there on out.

Now, if you wanna use the pci card, you need to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS. So do that before you boot the computer. Or if you want to simplify the troubleshooting process, unplug the pci sound card and just try to get the onboard sound working.

BTW, pcidatabase.com will give you this info for the unknown device vendor and id you listed:
This link will not work, and instead redirects to the generic realtek download page.

Latest posts