Fenix LD30, LD41, LD50

Kokopelli

Enlightened
The idea they have adopted for their E series lights, a TIR lens, now makes me think if Fenix gained some way in using this type of optics. I have an E05, an E11 and an E15 in the mail now. I guess they can give an idea of what Fenix may have achieved in LD 30 and 50. Throwy but ugly beams I guess. Maybe the optics contribute the OTF lumens?

I have been playing with some TIR lenses for a week. A mismatched optic makes a total mess, and the beam out of a reflector is almost perfect. You're right. My TK lights also have greenish tints. I would definitely prefer a more natural white.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
According to Fenix the LD30, LD41, and LD50 will be released sometime late April. So we shouldn't have too terribly much longer to wait.

GGallent

Newly Enlightened
According to Fenix the LD30, LD41, and LD50 will be released sometime late April. So we shouldn't have too terribly much longer to wait.

Has anyone heard of any other focusable Fenix lights coming out besides the LD50?

Something in the TK series would be nice.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually like the look of the LD41 although I'm not sure about the flared tail standing end. It looks as if it might make it less comfortable to hold and pocket carry.

My Streamlight pro-polymer 4AA is still one of my favourite form factors. It's just a shame that they haven't updated the Luxeon LED.

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
I'm considering buying a TK41 but thinking it might be worth waiting to see how the LD50 compares throw vs. comfort and UI. From the pictures do folks think the LD50 will be a lot more pocketable, or just a little bit more so? I assume from the reflector size that the LD50 will likely not out throw the TK41...?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
LD50 seems to have a TIR lens on it. These lenses usually throw well in a small diameter. It may give a no spill, pure throw beam at the throw end. It is a zoomie after all.

jduck

Newly Enlightened
Well, April is almost over...anyone heard anything more on these?

bon1

Newly Enlightened
I inquired about the release date of the Fenix HL30 headlamp and the Fenix LD41 flashlight a few weeks ago and they told me that they would do their best to release them as soon as possible sometime in May.

Hope this helps.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Maybe, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw more delays. Things like this are very common in retail. There tend to be a whole bunch of snags that pop up and delay the whole thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come out in June. Though it would be nice.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Maybe, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw more delays. Things like this are very common in retail. There tend to be a whole bunch of snags that pop up and delay the whole thing. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come out in June. Though it would be nice.

This is real common in our flashlight world. I learned not to take release dates seriously anymore. I am happy with my JetBeam PA40.
The biggest let down for me was the Q50. I'd rather have it come out later then sooner if there are obstacles to work out.

yliu

Enlightened
The LD50 and 30 seems to have some kind of optics if I saw it correctly, could it be a complete flood light? That would be cool.

Richub

Enlightened
The LD50 and 30 seems to have some kind of optics if I saw it correctly, could it be a complete flood light? That would be cool.
I'm with ^^. A bigger, more powerful version of my E05 would be great.

I also read somewhere that these lights will use zoom optics, that would be awesome.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I owned the olight s65. I wonder if the LD50 will be even bigger. I sold it and bought a PA40 again. Favorite multi AA light.

qtn2x

Newly Enlightened
Shouldn't Fenix LD50 be Fenix "LD60"? Afterall, LD20 = 2AA, LD30 = 3AA, "LD60"=6AA, It just makes more sense that way :)

fiberguy

Newly Enlightened
Sure would be nice if Fenix would release these, or at least the LD50 for me..