Fenix LD30, LD41, LD50

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I've had the time-for-a-new-light itch ever since I saw pics of the LD50... now I'm just tired of waiting for it.
The last thing I saw, with a release date, was a 2012 product catalog giving it a May release.

I'm starting to wonder if the DX knockoffs will be out before the light is.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
I talked to Fenix's customer support a couple weeks ago and they told that the LD50 was still in its testing phase and didn't have a release date set as of yet. :/

kwalker

Newly Enlightened
Got an email today from Fenix Outfitters stating the E40 and the LD41 will be shipping July 10th but no word on the LD50 & LD30. Special promotional bundle : LD41 + Tenergy smart charger + 4 NiMH batts for $82.95. That's the one I'm going for. (520lm, 10k lux)

CyberCT

Enlightened
Still think the TK35 is the best light Fenix makes if you want brightest output in the smallest package.

kj2

Flashaholic
Had the LD50 yesterday in my hands :) It's still a prototype- and Fenix hasn't set a date yet to release it. Have seen how the focus works and how it looks. And can tell you, it's very,very, very bad. No spot at all, only flood.
Fenix has to improve this light, otherwise people will leave this light on the shelf.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Had the LD50 yesterday in my hands :) It's still a prototype- and Fenix hasn't set a date yet to release it. Have seen how the focus works and how it looks. And can tell you, it's very,very, very bad. No spot at all, only flood.
Fenix has to improve this light, otherwise people will leave this light on the shelf.

So what, it has super floody and mostly floody as focus points?

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
It is so floody, it's almost completely useless. Think it will do 20-30meters and then it stops.

You're making it sound as though the light has a fixed focus and isn't variable. If it does have a viable, variable focus system then the final production version may be able to focus down more.

kj2

Flashaholic
You're making it sound as though the light has a fixed focus and isn't variable. If it does have a viable, variable focus system then the final production version may be able to focus down more.

For what I have seen on the prototype-sample, there isn't much of a difference between completely focused in- and completely focused out.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Geez what's with all the hating on floody lights anyway? I prefer flood to throw. If the XML TK70 was in as small as a package as the TK45, that small tripple XML light would be my light of choice.

Latest posts