Fenix TK-70

HKJ

Flashaholic
At long last I got my beamshot comparison ready:

My lux at 1 meter is about 95 klux (Calculated from 4 meter measurements).

xed888

Enlightened
Yay!!! Well done buddy! Your post is going to re-revive this thread :D

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
The TK70 seems to hold up surprisingly well against the polarion.

Surprisingly, that's the word, i wrongly figured the TK70 would get trounced by the PH40.

Thanks Bickford for the video, i recon it gives a better representation of the actual performance than a static beamshot

Edit: Yoohoo i see HKJ's comparison is up, great material today !

Last edited:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job there HKJ, thanks. The comparison charts were very interesting. I think they show the TK70 to be pretty good value for the output, despite not coming with batteries or a charger.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Good job there HKJ, thanks. The comparison charts were very interesting. I think they show the TK70 to be pretty good value for the output, despite not coming with batteries or a charger.

I do agree, the TK70 is good value for money, my point was more that there is a reason why the SR series is more expensive, you get something for the extra money (You have to decide if it is worth it).

kj2

Flashaholic
Now Fenix has to release that battery-system they talk about :p

"
This is Fenix manufacturer in China.
Yes, We are planning to make a battery system for the TK70, it including the charger and 4* Ni-HM D-cells to support our TK70"

Last edited:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast

"
Yes, We are planning to make a battery system for the TK70, it including the charger and 4* Ni-HM D-cells to support our TK70"

Yeah, but meh, you know what it will be: 4 x 9Ah D cells, and a generic 4 x D cell charger.

Enlightened
Good, so now we have a couple of lux readings :
Ergotelis : 100k (4 metres)
2100 : 87k (8.17m) 12.5m 97k
HKJ : 95k (4 metres)
The fornarik forum guy : 90k

Note it is impossible to get a fixed number, due to so many variables involved like meter, driver, cells, temperature etc.

Last edited:

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened

"

Thats unusual. They have not done this for any other Fenix light have they?

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
And so they should , i should imagine a fair few people are put off by how complicated it is just to get batteries that work properly in it, if they release the system then i might be tempted :)

"

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be fair, it wasn't at all complicated. There is a lot of FUD, and you can't take everything people come up with on the forums as gospel. It was a case of insert batteries, screw on cap, click "on" button. Just as complex as my 4D mag.

kwak

Enlightened
And so they should , i should imagine a fair few people are put off by how complicated it is just to get batteries that work properly in it, if they release the system then i might be tempted :)

What's complicated?

It clearly states on the TK70 page that you should use good quality NiMh cells.
I bought 4 x Tenegy 10k mAh cells and 4 x Tenergy 8k mAh LSD cells, all fit and work great.

If you think the TK70 is complicated with batteries DO NOT buy a Zebralight SC600 out of the 6 x 18650 cells i have only 1 type fit, THAT'S complicated :laughing:

bickford

Newly Enlightened
Thanks very much !

I have NX READY NIMH 8000 mAh but i am looking for much capacity and the 10 000 mAh seem good quality !

Bickford

xed888

Enlightened
I dont think 2Ah will add more runtime to the torch but I will let the experts answer. :) Doesnt seem like a lot to me anyway