HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdosrun

Enlightened
I hope it isn't too off topic, but I wonder if the Osram high CRI (neutral white - 4000K) LEDs might make an appearance. Henry has used Osram LEDs before and these have a CRI of >95 and appear to have lumous flux up to around 120 lumens for 800ma drive current. Voltage drop seems higher than the cree as I suppose these have a smaller die, but it might be interesting for a high CRI light.

http://catalog.osram-os.com/catalogue/catalogue.do?favOid=0000000000025a3e024c0023&act=showBookmark

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it isn't too off topic, but I wonder if the Osram high CRI (neutral white - 4000K) LEDs might make an appearance. Henry has used Osram LEDs before and these have a CRI of >95 and appear to have lumous flux up to around 120 lumens for 800ma drive current. Voltage drop seems higher than the cree as I suppose these have a smaller die, but it might be interesting for a high CRI light.

I think you can only put 800mA through them instead of 1500 mA like the XPG. Limits flux somewhat.

eala

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone point me to a replacement rubber boot for an HDS clicky 170T - mine has worn through.... Fancy something coloured like bright orange if anyone knows where I could source one.... I am UK based if there is somewhere over here....

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the boots covered under warranty? I'd try contacting HDS and see if they wouldn't send you a new one.

dixemon

Enlightened

http://catalog.osram-os.com/catalogue/catalogue.do?favOid=0000000000025a3e024c0023&act=showBookmark

I just recieved a Hi CRI with the XPG installed.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the boots covered under warranty? I'd try contacting HDS and see if they wouldn't send you a new one.
Agreed, I'm sure that will be fixed or a replacement boot sent, etc.
I just recieved a Hi CRI with the XPG installed.
Before this thread goes crazy...... Was the light a custom job or did you receive it directly from HDS/HDS dealer?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the three foot wall shots I posted, I decided to do some outdoor shots. These are 30 feet, both at max output, with the same camera settings. As you can see the T200 has a narrower more intense beam with a much nicer tint than the Rotary. They are both new models with an XP-G R5. Quite a difference there. Is a different reflector being used in the Rotary?

HDS T200
HDST200-1.jpg

HDS Rotary
HDSRotary-1.jpg

Both XPG but the 200T has a tighter beam.
Anyone with a 200T care to trade for a Rotary ?? LOL

dixemon

Enlightened
Recieved from HDS. Im assuming this is an XPG, however Ive never owned a light with one before so I could be wrong. Have a look, sorry for the crappy cell pic.

IMG_20110823_231740.jpg

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup buddy, that's an XPG.
Looks so clean :thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic
Dixemon-How are you getting an unreleased light already, but my Clicky 200 is on backorder for 4 weeks?!?! Did you have to bribe Henry? This IS the first Hi CRI XP-G Clicky CPF has seen, right???

:hairpull:

Congrats though, we expect a full review! ;)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
dixemon, pardon me for asking, but I just have to make sure you know what you are talking about to be sure we are on the same wavelength. What is the tint of the light like? We talking about very warm tint? The XP-G high CRI is very warm in tint, much like an incandescent. You seeing that?

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
dixemon, pardon me for asking, but I just have to make sure you know what you are talking about to be sure we are on the same wavelength. What is the tint of the light like? We talking about very warm tint? The XP-G high CRI is very warm in tint, much like an incandescent. You seeing that?
The emitter seems too "white" colored to be a High CRI XPG to me, but this is based on the comparison to the High CRI XPG in my Armytek Predator (in relation to the cool white XPG in my HDS rotary). I'm confident in my comparison. I know pictures can be deceiving in this forum, but like I said, that is my comparison. The Predator also has a larger, deeper reflector which may have altered my perception (along with other variables that play a role in photography which I have no understanding and have not accounted for).

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The emitter seems too "white" colored to be a High CRI XPG to me
What I was thinking too. I am a photographer so I am kind of sensitive to white balancing on photos. This photo just looked too warm and if you remove the warm tint from the photo the emitter would not look as warm as it is right now. Comparing this photo to the emitter on my Malkoff M61HCRI (XP-G also), the M61HCRI's emitter definitely look warmer in color than the emitter in this already warm looking photo. That was what prompted me to ask the question above.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Sorry if this has already been covered: I'm performing a runtime test on a rotary and clicky at the 13lm mode and the clicky (previous generation) gives a blink every 2 minutes to indicate that it's stepped down it's brightness, as the user manual says it should. The new rotary has run for quite a while longer without any blinking to indicate a step down has taken place.

Does anyone know if the rotary blinks like the previous clickies when it's stepped down a mode due to low battery?

Thanks in advance.

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
I found out that a website called Unique Titanium has a listing for the high CRI Rotary online. However, no other information (e.g. Output, runtime, type of emitter used, release date, price) is given.
So I guess the release is gettin' nearer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts