HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wishing, but I don't see one for sale...

Well the Hoilday Season's ain't over yet! ... LOL

Does anyone know if the "Dark Sucks" Ti clip will work on a clickie! ... Or am I gonna have to be the first one to fork over $25.00 buck and some change to see if it'll or if I can make it fit?

davec611

Newly Enlightened
Well the Hoilday Season's ain't over yet! ... LOL

Does anyone know if the "Dark Sucks" Ti clip will work on a clickie! ... Or am I gonna have to be the first one to fork over $25.00 buck and some change to see if it'll or if I can make it fit?

I just tried my Dark Sucks Ti clip and it doesn't fit on my hi CRI clicky. The clip was to small to even start going over the threads. It fits perfect on my alpha and I don't plan to mess with it. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried my Dark Sucks Ti clip and it doesn't fit on my hi CRI clicky. The clip was to small to even start going over the threads. It fits perfect on my alpha and I don't plan to mess with it. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Thanks Dave, but is there enough meat on the ring to make the ID larger to fit over the threads and still keep the clip's integrity?

Last edited:

davec611

Newly Enlightened
I was able to grab a measurement on a old dial caliper and it is .55 to .56 consistently all the way around. the clip inside diameter is 8.48 and outside diameter 9.89. My clicky is 9.20 at the threads. I can't attest to the accuracy of the caliper as it is a buddies and it looks like he seldom uses it, but that should give you an idea.

ico

Enlightened
How will I know if the light recognizes the fully charged Li-ion I would be putting on it?
My light is a 170T

notsofast

Enlightened
How will I know if the light recognizes the fully charged Li-ion I would be putting on it?
My light is a 170T

Any time you change battery types the light flashes when you screw the head and battery compartment back together. If you put in the same type of battery it does nothing.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
My light is a 170T
Hi ico, before you insert the battery in, make sure you leave the light empty of battery for a minute. Then insert the Li-ion battery. When you start screwing the head in, you should see it light up for a few seconds. That is to tell you that the light is measuring and gauging what battery is placed in there. Do this every time you migrate from Li-ion to primary and vice versa.

The Sun

Enlightened
I emailed HDS and inquired about legacy battery compartments a few days ago. I was told they no longer have them.

I just sent Henry my Legacy Ra Clicky 170 that's been in my pocket for the last 3 years or so non-stop...in fact it's the only light that I own anymore, and the only light I would have. I was having a problem with it...called Henry...sent the light to him...within 7 days I had it back better than new with a brand new battery tube and tail-cap. The ano obviously looks just a bit different (newer), but that's to be expected when putting new parts on a 3 year old "well loved" Clicky.

However, I would not expect him to make more of the specialized 17670 tubes, or accessories for older models. The fact that he still supports the products to make sure they work is good enough for me.

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent Henry my Legacy Ra Clicky 170 that's been in my pocket for the last 3 years or so non-stop...in fact it's the only light that I own anymore, and the only light I would have. I was having a problem with it...called Henry...sent the light to him...within 7 days I had it back better than new with a brand new battery tube and tail-cap. The ano obviously looks just a bit different (newer), but that's to be expected when putting new parts on a 3 year old "well loved" Clicky.

However, I would not expect him to make more of the specialized 17670 tubes, or accessories for older models. The fact that he still supports the products to make sure they work is good enough for me.

What was wrong with the light??

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was able to grab a measurement on a old dial caliper and it is .55 to .56 consistently all the way around. the clip inside diameter is 8.48 and outside diameter 9.89. My clicky is 9.20 at the threads. I can't attest to the accuracy of the caliper as it is a buddies and it looks like he seldom uses it, but that should give you an idea.

Thanks for taking the time Dave! IMO that .5 mm may not be enough meat/metal to insure the integrity or strength of the clip! ... Bummer!

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I have two things to discuss.

1: Shouldn't the spring on the minus side be straight? Mine is bent to the top left on the photo.

The smart phone cam obviously did freak out hence there are some lines in the photo.

2: When I do a momentary Burst to mode A from off, I get a flicker once every time I do that. I did 3 times momentary on in the Video and it goes on-off-on every time.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance of a run of Titanium Rotaries for the holiday's?
Heck, I'm still waiting for the high CRI lights which are actually listed on the product page and were originally supposed to be released months ago. There's pretty much zero chance that a special run like titanium will be out within the next month.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shouldn't the spring on the minus side be straight? Mine is bent to the top left on the photo.
Mine is the same way, and if I recall correctly, my last gen high CRI Clicky also had a slightly off center spring in the body, but it has never interfered with the operation of the light.

Last edited:

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
That is true. It doesn't interfere with the operation I just was curious.

But I still don't know how to resolve the flicker in burstmode-momentary.

nbp

Flashaholic
the.Mtn.Man said:
Heck, I'm still waiting for the high CRI lights which are actually listed on the product page and were originally supposed to be released months ago. There's pretty much zero chance that a special run like titanium will be out within the next month.

Heck I'm still waiting for cool white lights...

Status
Not open for further replies.