HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears that the 120 is no more. I wonder if the 140 (which is now the same cost as the old 120) still uses the Osram GDP or if it has been bumped up to XP-G

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
The tactical interface is quite nice. I've been using it for a few months now.

Has the new Tactical interface got indents on the rotary style selector for the different output selections or are two of the levels with the knob at its travel stops and the other two somewhere inbetween without positive clicks or slight indentations?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has the new Tactical interface got indents on the rotary style selector for the different output selections or are two of the levels with the knob at its travel stops and the other two somewhere inbetween without positive clicks or slight indentations?
There are no indents. You have the two settings at the travel stops, then the other two between them. I've been carrying the light for the past few months and find it quite intuitive. If I want it to come on in constant medium, I just rotate to the stop, then back it off a little. Very fast and you don't have to worry about getting into the exact detent like on other lights.

nbp

Flashaholic
With the Tactical light, it appears you can still set the four positions to whatever you want, but can you also set it to function as a normal Rotary or normal Clicky if you decided you wanted to like you can with the regular Rotary?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was hoping the update would show a pic of the rotary clip.
Also, no 17670 tube available as yet. Holding off on the purchase of a new 250, waiting
for the extended tube.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the Tactical light, it appears you can still set the four positions to whatever you want, but can you also set it to function as a normal Rotary or normal Clicky if you decided you wanted to like you can with the regular Rotary?
Yes, you can change the light settings to any level you want but to change the two momentary settings, you must first turn the light on in one of the lower constant settings then turn the rotary to one of the higher settings to adjust it. The two higher settings will ALWAYS be momentary.
no, it cannot be programmed to act as a normal rotary.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the 250 lumen output lights, what would it step-down to? Looking at the on-line user guide the output table has been replaced with a line graph making it unclear the output levels.

sbbsga

Enlightened
Also, in the new Tactical, does the 'triple click from off' for button lock still available or it is replaced by the physical lock-out now?

cubebike

Enlightened
How about HCRI rotary ? Ordered 1st May 2013. What I am going to get ?! Nichia led warm white instead of HCRI!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's AWESOME!! Can't wait to get my new Rotary 250.Wondering when it'll ship out,though.
If you ordered it before Christmas (2013) it should be in the mail later today. It will ship out of Vegas as Henry and I packed them in the car and took them to SHOT yesterday as many were finished late Saturday night. We will be hitting the post office this morning.
Yes, your lights have been upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.