is your wife/girlfriend/significant other supportive of your flashlight addiction?

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
I feel I need to secretly buy or else.... Its time for new shoes or something. :)

spc smith

Enlightened
HIDblue,

I concurr lol. My wife LOVES me and my time BUT.. HATES the flashlights!!! LOL. She's a jealous wife though, and hardly buys anything for herself and is the thrifty one out of both of us. Damn good woman though, doesnt like to spend extra money. Im the free spirit (although we still budget). :)

fl0t

Enlightened
Last week I was kinda tired and sad due to a lot of work and some other stuff going on with my car. I was browsing around the MP and saw a Lummi RAW I always wanted, my GF saw me and said: "go ahead, buy it!" with a smile.

We've lived together for over 7 years, joint bank account and everything. She supports my hobby's and I support hers.

Of course Saturday morning I bought the TechnoMarine she had on the Amazon cart. It's a give and take.

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Fenix e15 on sale for 20 bucks and 3 cr123 cells, had to listen to 10 minutes of crap.

Asked her if she wants to go the movies. She said yes. Explained that those 90 minutes of fun don't last as long as the flashlight. Didn't go to the movies.

:)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends....
if i'm making $ with it, she loves it.
if i'm spending $ on it, she hates it.
if i shine her in the eyes with them,.... well u can imagine how she feels then. (and how i subsequently feel shortly there after! lmao)

attist178

Newly Enlightened
The girlfriend makes fun of me pretty endlessly for it, but she was awfully happy I had my Quark X and my Strion LED with me when we took a shortcut through the woods on our walk last night :) [Although... I may have taken that really really dark shortcut to try out the Quark that came in the mail yesterday ;) ]

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
My wife is cool with it...Though not a flashaholic she has stolen my Fenix TK20 and is holding it hostage pending my paying the ransom of a Surefire G2X Pro. She also has a Fenix E05 and a couple of my keychain LEDs. She is generally very supportive if I "really" want something.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm glad I got into my gadget collecting hobbies while still single. No one to yell at me when I buy another Muyshondt or Atwood...and now any woman to come in the future will know what she's getting into from the start. :devil:

jimmyt1977

Newly Enlightened
Ive really only just become addicted. About the moment a month or so ago I figured there must be something out there better than my 4 d cell maglite and led lenser p17. So far my girlfriend is taking my new found 'hobby' good humouredly. Although with 4 flashlights purchased in the last month, 3 more on there way and plenty more in the pipeline. Not really sure how long the goodwill will last!

Pöbel

Enlightened
She does not support it but she accepts it. She also appreciates the light when we are camping and outdoors.

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
My girlfriend is very supportive especially when I put a fenix e05 on her keychain. She's kinda into flashlights now too. I plan to get a ub3t soon and she's fine with that. I actually might get it as a gift from her next month. I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones!

Gryffin

Enlightened
I get a lot of this:

(not bothering to look up from her book or magazine)
"That's nice, dear."

My stock does go up when the power goes out, though.

If your S.O. gets on your case, bring up how much she spends on shoes. ;)

Chroma

Newly Enlightened
Very supportive of me. As a matter of fact for our anniversary she got me an AC Delco battery set that came with a crapload of batteries, a radio and flashlight and a gift certificate for Battery Junction as well as a bunch of other stuff.

basballny2

Newly Enlightened
my gf begged me to get her one because shes scared of the dark haha. bought her a klarus p1a and she takes it with her everywhere she goes and doesnt mind when i get one for myself

Richub

Enlightened
I'm single so at home I can do as I please, but my parents think I'm downright crazy... If I go to visit them or they visit me, I'll hide my lights out of sight to avoid an argument.
My brother and sisters don't care, but at least they accept it.