Live concert review and critique thread

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any old timers ever see Led Zeppelin? I would love to go back in time and see an early Beatles concert back when their hair was all the same. Some pretty cool concerts listed thus far. I've only been to a handful (other then local live music) and the last one was The Doobie Brothers about five or six years ago.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey nothing wrong with the Money man! How was Peter Frampton?

Pydpiper said:
Granted, he is not exactly the king of rock these days..

Here is a pic of the wife and I with the Money Man in one of our first concerts with him.
PB110812.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have not been to a concert in years. But I will always remember Yes 90125 tour. Saw
them outdoors in Berlin Germany around 84 or 85. Also the Scorpions in Frankfurt,
same era. Would love to see Rush before they are done but will probably have to
be satisfied with DVD.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
mkee.jpg

This concert was pretty fun, but my neck/head hurt this morning. :rock: Chimera was my favorite for the night for being the least sucky metal act. The kids were moshing and hurting each other.

Dragonforce is interesting because they bill themselves as the fastest band in the world. It's pretty impressive, but campy at the same time. The KillSwitchEngage fans were teasing the kids with Dragonforce shirts, and 1/2 of the club left before KSE even started.

df.jpg

Not much to say about KillSwitchEngage, just some noisy posers. They probably sound better in their rehearsal studio. :thumbsdow
ke.jpg

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the Beastie Boys:

Click on the pic for the larger version.

They're still rocking. What a great show! I haven't been so exited about a show in a long time. The place was rocking!!\

They're sporting an Alexander Calder type mobile with LED screens that show the band and other images. Really spectacular! Good job, boys!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw Deep Purple last week with Steve Morse instead of Ritchie Blackmore.
You take what you get. They rocked pretty hard, played 'Smoke on the Water',
Here's the encore, Highway Star:
IMG_9117.jpg

It was really fun to see those old guys rock out again.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The only concert I've ever seen was Blue Öyster Cult, opened by Nazereth.
This was at the Juneau Convention Center in Juneau AK. USA sometime in the early-1980s.
I don't remember having a flashlight on me at the time - for shame!!!
roll2.gif

As I remember, both bands played reasonably well, however the elaborate stage sets BÖC was noted for at the time were conspicuously absent.
It was a relatively small venue; this could have very well been the reason for the spartan stage they played on.