More Fenix Digital Lights - L0D CE and L1D CE

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1DCE completely owns the T4, no questions asked. The T4 is just a small spot where as the P1DCE has a much larger (and brighter) spill and much more throw.
If your P1DCE is similar to your T4 than you must have a defective P1DCE.

TeaQue said:
Wait, this thing isn't significantly brighter than the T4????

According to FLR:

Inova T4
Throw: 1665
Overall Output: 2700

P1DCE (on Max)
Throw: 2700
Overall Output: 7850

How is it dimmer with readings like this? Is it defective? Or is FLR just misleading...

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read these posts and just went outside with the lights.. at a few feet the P1Dce is brighter and whiter.. and at a distance is as I said close, maybe a bit brighter, but it's difficult to say sincethe P1Dce is so much whiter -- it's hard to tell if my mind is playing tricks.. but yes I can see saying it is brighter than the T4, but "blows away" and "owns" just aren't the words I'd use..

one possible catch going on here: my P1Dce came in a box marked "CE" all over, with a "P1DCE" sticker on it.. but the light itself has the imprint "P1D" -- only..no imprint of "CE" -- I thought I got an early one, the barrels weren't printed up yet, etc.. the led looks round with kinda squared corners, that's the Cree isn't it?
I did write David Chow about it today, haven't received reply as yet..

the P1Dce (?) on medium is not quite as bright as the T4, though close...

Skyline

Enlightened
TedTheLed said:
but the light itself has the imprint "P1D" -- only..no imprint of "CE"

Does the reflector look like it's too small? ie, can you see the edge of the reflector in the lens? If so, you've got a Cree. The reflector need to be deeper for the Cree's radiation pattern. Since they didn't want the light to be any longer, the open end of the reflector had to be narrower than the body.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's a deep-looking reflector alright and looking into it I see it is rimmed by a narrow black circle = the smaller-than-barrel diameter ?

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1DCE amp readings (pretty accurate Beckman HD110 )

medium .400 A
high 1.6 amps
low .077 amp.

..there's yer 20+ hours -- you saying you want longer run time and dimmer light?
at low, the throw is still remarkable, highly usable..

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may be slightly off-topic, but this is the kind of behavior that causes vendors like 4sevens heartburn, and makes him want to stick restocking fees because the abuse of a few.

LightScene said:
"i just bought a LOP SE, PID CE and a Jetbeam CE"
You could first cancel your orders and then officially refuse to take delivery if they have already been shipped. That way you will only be stuck for shipping in one direction.

Otherwise you still have 30 days to return any product, although there may be a restocking fee, especially for opened packages.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
EsthetiX said:
Hey l0d CE will be brighter than jebeam's aaa, right?

I would imagine it would be MUCH brighter than the Jetbeam considering it uses a Lux 3 and the LODCE uses a Cree.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
deleted - double post due to server busy - sorry

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a "preview" of what the L1D-CE might be like -
it may be useful to look at the Cree XR-E mod'ed Fenix L1T/L2T that I compared - in -

Cree XR-E in Fenix L1/2T (vs. UWAJ, stock)

I reviewed and have beamshots of this mod using 1x AA both alkaline and NiMH (respectively posts #23 and #15),
also using the Nekoname CR123 body on primary CR123A and 3.7V rechargeable Li-Ion RCR123 -
and have even compared the CR123 performance with the Fenix P1D-CE that 4sevens (http://Fenix-Store.com) very kindly loaned me.

I have comparison beamshots of this Cree mod L1T/L2T head with 2x AA (so a L2D-CE "preview"?) -
both alkaline and NiMH, to go -
which I'll post soon.....

Last edited:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
TedTheLed said:
P1DCE amp readings (pretty accurate Beckman HD110 )

medium .400 A
high 1.6 amps
low .077 amp.

..there's yer 20+ hours -- you saying you want longer run time and dimmer light?
at low, the throw is still remarkable, highly usable..

No offense, but IMO, you are missing the point of why many of us want a lower low mode. We are already at the point where the cost of using a AA battery for (low) power becomes pretty much a non-issue (and can just use Nimh if it matters). Whether its 20 hours or 100 hours, who really cares? The point is that there are times when you don't want remarkable throw and just want a little bit of light to do some close up tasks such as reading. I'm not talking about "Night Vision Preservation" which requires red light, I'm just saying that after your eyes are used to functioning in the dark, it doesn't take much to do the job and any more hurts. Personally, I'd go for an even lower low than many folks use (< or=1 lumen), but I'd be happy to compromise for a <5 lumen low mode. What we have been offered in the new crop of Cree lights are over twice this value.

Wolfgang_Ludwig

Newly Enlightened
Since the AAAones have PWM, you walk, move an turn pages in a strobe world. Are my eyes special? There is so much discussion on tint, rings and beam quality. But these blinking lights seem to be ok. Last night I got so angry about the annoying PWM that I used my good old 9P for an hour of reading (on rechargeables). What a healthy and charming beamqality!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solstice said:
many of us want a lower low mode.

On the other hand, many of us are quite happy with the low mode setting already and don't want Fenix to change it. You can't please all the people all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there would be anything wrong with a lower level but Fenix had to set it somewhere and it's not going to be perfect for everybody. I'm sure they looked into it a bit and decided that this would be the best level for the most people.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bump:

This thread fell back to page two. It's mid January and about time we got some more news. 7777, do you have anything for us?

coontai

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:
:bump:

This thread fell back to page two. It's mid January and about time we got some more news. 7777, do you have anything for us?

I was about to post the EXACT same thing