New 1150 Lumen Malkoff Wildcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What was the progression of lumens for the 4 versions of the Wildcat? I feel like I need to write this stuff down somewhere....

I have all of the Wildcat models except this newest one, which I will get when it's available.

The Wildcat V1 with Quad-XRE emitters and Quad optics was 600 lumens at turn-on for the cool white model. About 550 at turn-on with the warm white version. 12-degree beam angle, 12v max input voltage.
Wildcat V2 with Triple XPG emitters and triple McGizmo reflectors was 750 lumens at turn-on for the cool white model. 15-degree beam angle, 9v max input voltage.
Wildcat V3 with Triple XPG emitters and triple optics was 900 lumens at turn-on, 9v max input voltage.

This V4 with 1350 at turn-on is a big step, but in reality it is only about 1.5db increase, which isn't really that big a difference to the eye. The throw will be helped quite a bit, though. The added power and the tighter beam will give that throw a boost.

I use the MD3 bodies with a pair of 18500 most of the time, but sometimes I'll use 3 CR123 instead.
I have an MD4 which I will plan to use for this new V4 model with a pair of 3100mah 18650, for added run time because of the faster battery drain from the higher power.

I'm really "itching" to get this new XPG-2 Hound Dog that I just "know" that Gene is bound to come out with soon. I'd like to get the added throw over my Hound Dog XPG that I currently have.

Last edited:

af112566

Newly Enlightened
i have a new one and the low looks like it has pwm?????has anyone else checked out the lo on the the new wildcat? i dont like the low level pwm,,its very noticable.the hi is crazy bright though!!!!

donn_

Flashaholic
I really REALLY want to recreate this setup. Which Pelican case model is that?

It's a 1200, and it morphed again last night, to accommodate the new Wildcat head:

IMGP4149.jpg

Warm Wildcat, XP-G2 Wildcat, XP-G and XM-L Hound dogs, MD2 with XP-G and XM-L heads, MD3 tube and Surefire 1-cell extension (A19).

The new Wildcat is a real honker on the wall, but I haven't taken it outside yet. It's noticeably twice as bright as the Warm Wildcat, and much much whiter. On the wall, it has no visible hotspot, as the Warm version does.

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was notified of them being back in stock this morning - checked in - there were 9....waited a while and there were only 3...grabbed one and an MD4 - just looked and they are already all gone!

CMAG

Enlightened
Was notified of them being back in stock this morning - checked in - there were 9....waited a while and there were only 3...grabbed one and an MD4 - just looked and they are already all gone!
should of checked my mail sooner sold out:ohgeez:

diesel79

Enlightened
Planning on a trip to the beach next weekend. If the beast arrives, I'll take it and give you those beam shots. Need to do same with my new Spy 007 XPG and Prometheus Alpha Blue Label... ;)

Very nice! I got the availability update on my phone and it was pretty hard to not just order one up. Cant wait to see the shots!

DucS2R

Enlightened
I ordered the third version here three weeks ago along with the hound dog and love both. But I had to have a new one and have one on the way with MD 4 and MD 3 bodies. I plan to run it on two 18650's on the MD 4. Can't wait, I guess the last version goes to my truck glove compartment. Jeez, I love Malkoff, but I am running out of places to park my lights. All of my family already have the older versions coming out their ears...

T

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
I had a v2 before but Was taken by the wider, floodier beam of the v3 that my brother in law owned. So I sold the v2 when I was consolidating my collection and decided to hold out for the inevitable next step in the Wildcar series.

Needless to say I'm really excited for the v4 to arrive!

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
It's a 1200, and it morphed again last night, to accommodate the new Wildcat head:

IMGP4149.jpg

Warm Wildcat, XP-G2 Wildcat, XP-G and XM-L Hound dogs, MD2 with XP-G and XM-L heads, MD3 tube and Surefire 1-cell extension (A19).

The new Wildcat is a real honker on the wall, but I haven't taken it outside yet. It's noticeably twice as bright as the Warm Wildcat, and much much whiter. On the wall, it has no visible hotspot, as the Warm version does.

Thanks! I now have a Tan 1200 on the way.

I don't have the amount of large Malkoff heads you do But I'm thinking of setting it up with the following: Wildcat v4, Hound Dog XML, MD2 head w/ M91W, two MD3 bodies (maybe an MD4, not sure...), MD2 w/ M61W, my E1B body w/ VME Head and M30WF, and batteries.

A box o' Malkoff goodness!

diesel79

Enlightened
I had a v2 before but Was taken by the wider, floodier beam of the v3 that my brother in law owned. So I sold the v2 when I was consolidating my collection and decided to hold out for the inevitable next step in the Wildcar series.

Needless to say I'm really excited for the v4 to arrive!

I have your V2 and it is pretty awesome. If this new one is noticeably brighter I am in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.