New 1150 Lumen Malkoff Wildcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
im on the wait list for this one, i got an email the other day but by the time I checked the website they were all gone!

csx7006

Newly Enlightened
I got mine and boy that thing is bright. Ordered it friday and it showed up 5 minutes ago. Im impressed with the build quality of the light. The only thing that was missing was the CSA flag instead of made in the USA.

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
4 now

I ordered mine Friday afternoon and I arrived at my office today....too bad I'm off until Wednesday...:oops:

CbusRog

Newly Enlightened
It's been a while since I've visited here, and logged on last night to see what was new. When I saw this thread I popped right over to Malkoff Devices and they had one left in stock! I'm looking forward to placing it on my MD4 body with two Redilast 3100's.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, man. :eek: My Wildcat showed up today along with my MD4. Dropped a couple of AW 2900mAh 18650s in it and fired it up....whoa. Straight to the sphere - 44 lumen on low, and 1308 on high. Didn't do the 30 second ANSI test, but it held firm for 10 seconds or so.

Beautiful, snowy white beam. Typical Malkoff BULLETPROOF quality. Best in class customer service from Gene and Cathy.

What's not to love!!

:twothumbs

(Beam shots this weekend!!)

diesel79

Enlightened
I just got mine too. Its not dark yet, but the shut all the doors in the bathroom with no windows test makes it seem really bright.:thumbsup:

Im anxious to see the difference between this one and my V2 with the 3 reflectors.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
:party: On the notification list in anticipation of Dan's beamshots...

Holy c*ap. I just took this thing outside in the dark and :eek:. Low is perfect for adequate lighting for a dark room - high lights a football field. Sheesh!

No disco modes, no programming, no fancy electronics or magnet rings. Just a high and low, Malkoff goodness, uber bright, and a really nice beam shape. Mine has a nice, white tint that pushes maximum brightness out the front.

(EDIT - note - in my home made sphere my Wildcat reads 44 lumen on low and 1308 on high.)

Wow. My Spy is my EDC, my Alpha is my 'smooth beam wonder', but this Wildcat is my "holy c*ap that thing is bright" battleship of a bullet proof Malkoff wonder.

Again, wow. Thanks, Gene!

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I'll be getting one. I'm having a hard time thinking up a situation when 1100+ floody lumens will be needed.

Needed....what was I thinking. ha ha

I did order an MD4 today to pair with my Hound Dog XM-L, for more run time than the MD3s I've got. I suppose the MD4 would work wonders with a Wildcat.

Waiting patiently for beamshots............

Grizz

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
My new Wildcat was ordered on Saturday and arrived in California today. Great Malkoff service again. Popped two fresh charged Obrtonics IMR 2250 maH 18650s into the MD4 and turned on low. Very nice usable amount of light, for either inside or outside for walking around. My guess would be 40 to 50 lumens of nice creamy almost neutral light. Very pleasing to the eye. Not quite a flood, but very large and subdued hotspot. Then on high: WOW. Very bright. I was surprised how much more light there is than a M91 with same batteries on the MD4, which I really love, esp in warm version. It has a Very wide beam that almost comes out at 160 degrees from the light. Never had a light, other than a regular bulb with a lamp shade give so wide a swath of light. Everything within about 200+ feet was very nicely lit up. Would be a fantastic area/room/ barn/warehouse lighter. No need to point anywhere in particular, just turn it on, and everything in the general direction is lit up. Now I have to figure out where on Earth to put it, and how to use it.

diesel79

Enlightened
Got to try mine out briefly last night. WOW. I really like the tint as well, nice and white.

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine yesterday and I'm really impressed. I only got to try it at distances of 100' +/- but at that distance the center of the beam was just about as bright as the hotspots on an XML Hound Dog and M3LT (800 lumen version). Of course, the spill was no contest . . . the Wildcat puts out a phenomenal amount of light. Really at that distance it was almost too much light on high.

Hopefully tonight I will get out somewhere it can really show what it can do.

Malkoff continues to bring the goods!

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone have beamshots yet?

also does this have to use IMRs or will it put out more on IMRs with their lower internal resistance or what?

MattSPL

Enlightened
That's a serious amount of light coming out of that Wildcat :D I really have to get one someday.

mega_lumens

Enlightened
Got mine yesterday and I'm really impressed. I only got to try it at distances of 100' +/- but at that distance the center of the beam was just about as bright as the hotspots on an XML Hound Dog and M3LT (800 lumen version). Of course, the spill was no contest . . . the Wildcat puts out a phenomenal amount of light. Really at that distance it was almost too much light on high.

Hopefully tonight I will get out somewhere it can really show what it can do.

Malkoff continues to bring the goods!
Cool. Do you think it will out-throw the M3LT at greater distances?

Status
Not open for further replies.