OH MAN IT'S COLD!!

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Hey, they canceled the "Winter Storm Warning" for my area. Got upgraded to a "Blizzard Warning"! :)
It has warmed up a bit though, up to 7.7 °F now.

jusval

Enlightened
32F & wind chill 23F in East TX now. For us it's Cold! I lived in IA and moved here to get warm. It worked till my blood thinned out, now I'm still cold....

I feel for y'all up there in the snow & cold. Spent most of my youth in NY state, lake effects snows, blizzards....... Don't miss it one bit!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
32 on the F scale.

I just got back from partying with a couple of friends of mine. Screw the cold. It didn't ruin our night. :)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
6˚F with wind chill of -14˚F right now. There's no snow on the ground, which is nice because I hate walking on dry (below 20˚F or so) snow.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
In the windy city tonight:

-2°F, windchill of -22°F
snowmanyp6.gif

All the snow has turned to solid ice, which has made parallel parking (especially getting out) a real PITA! :crazy: Lucky for me, I bought Guitar Hero on Thursday, and haven't left the house much since!
evilsantagr7.gif
:rock:

coldng9.gif
john

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around 0* right now, -20 wind chill. Still the ol 83 Delta 88 fired right up. Good car.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leawood, KS Weather Forecast
Sunday, December 21, 2008
4°F
RealFeel®
-1°F
Winds: WNW
at 7mph
Clear
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: -5° F Pressure: 30.63 in
Visibility: 10 Miles Tomorrow[ More ]

High: 23°F
RealFeel®: 11°F
Sunrise: 7:35 AM
Tonight[ More }

Low: -2°F
RealFeel®: -17°F
Sunset: 5:00 PM

Breaking Weather Video

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the windy city tonight:

All the snow has turned to solid ice, which has made parallel parking (especially getting out) a real PITA! :crazy: Lucky for me, I bought Guitar Hero on Thursday, and haven't left the house much since! john

I love street parking in the winter (compare to summer anyway), it's like having my own reserved parking spots. :D

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Around 0* right now, -20 wind chill. Still the ol 83 Delta 88 fired right up. Good car.

They don't make them like that anymore. My dad's '81 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme was a reliable luxury tank. One time, a giant tree limb fell on the hood. Instead of the car or at least the engine being totalled; my dad just took a hammer and banged the hood back straight. That was the only damage.... a few shallow dents in the hood. Car ran just fine afterwards.

Yup, sure don't make them like that anymore.... They don't even make Oldsmobile anymore. (That's what happens when the parent company decides to try to attract younger buyers, by making cars that the brand's traditional core-customers have no interest in. Way to go GM).

On topic, as the cars got older (despite their durability) you had to warm them up for at least 10 minutes on cold days. Otherwise, they'd stall out just a few blocks later.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. About 50 miles south west of Toronto.
Around the time of the OP it was -22°C (-8°F) wind chill.
It dropped to -29°C (-20°F) in the evening.

I went out Sunday morning for breakfast and to go to the corner store (I was out of bread and milk). Nobody had shoveled their sidewalk. No fun trudging through the snow.

The deep freeze down the middle of North America is bad this season. When I see pictures of snowstorms in Texas and Louisiana in the news.....

Last edited:

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Alright, which one of you is playing with the Governments secret weather machine? Posted this last Sunday:

Hey, they canceled the "Winter Storm Warning" for my area. Got upgraded to a "Blizzard Warning"! :)
It has warmed up a bit though, up to 7.7 °F now.

Forecast for this Saturday:
High: 54° - Low F 27° F
Chance of T-storms
90% chance of precipitation

Then of course it will be cold enough over night and the following days to freeze all that rain into solid ice. Should be fun :devil:.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brrr...
Although I complain about being cold here in So. Cal...;) I went out for my usual 25 mile ride to the beach the other day and it was coolish at about 51F. For a So. Cal kid, the lowest I've experienced is 16F.