OH MAN IT'S COLD!!

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
WooHoo 22 inches of fluffy bliss. I love the snow. The stunning beauty and enveloping cold repainting of the world into a pure white. I love watching it, walking in it, slipping on it, feeling it, looking at snowflakes, shoveling it, driving in it, skiiing on it, playing with it.
But the real question is....do you melt it with your high powered incans? :D

DM51

Flashaholic
I sublimate snow
LOL, I thought you had some kind of Heath Robinson contraption to get rid of it using a shovel and a piece of string connected to a lever, a bicycle wheel, a steam-kettle and a skateboard, or something like that. You had a thread about it a while ago.

Egsise

Banned
-20C last night, but on top of mountain must be -30. Was freezing my butt off while on ski lift, and to make things worse they are snowmaking and blowing water all over the place.
Funny, in here the top of mountains are warmer places.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
LOL, I thought you had some kind of Heath Robinson contraption to get rid of it using a shovel and a piece of string connected to a lever, a bicycle wheel, a steam-kettle and a skateboard, or something like that. You had a thread about it a while ago.

I have two battalions of armed and well-disciplined sciurids that for the right rewards are quite happy to keep my driveway clear of snow.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
WooHoo 22 inches of fluffy bliss. I love the snow. The stunning beauty and enveloping cold repainting of the world into a pure white. I love watching it, walking in it, slipping on it, feeling it, looking at snowflakes, shoveling it, driving in it, skiiing on it, playing with it.
Sounds exactly like something I would say. I also enjoy throwing it.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately my area only got about 5 inches of snow... I am NEVER trusting NWS again. The prediction was for "1-2 inches" + "7-11" inches +"1-3" inches.
We didn't even get 7".

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I have two battalions of armed and well-disciplined sciurids that for the right rewards are quite happy to keep my driveway clear of snow.

Dude, I got your fix right here:

fiat%20tank.jpg

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
...fluffy bliss. I love the snow. The stunning beauty and enveloping cold repainting of the world into a pure white. I love watching it, walking in it, slipping on it, feeling it, looking at snowflakes, shoveling it, driving in it, skiiing on it, playing with it.

You and I have even more in common that I previously thought!!

I'm not much for winter-sports (skiing/boarding), but everything else is awesome. I'm the goofball who shows up at the pizza joint on days off to deliver in the snow and ice. (they'll never turn down a spare driver in bad weather, someone always wants to go home anyways)...

I look at pizza delivery on an icy/snowy day like a way to get paid to go out and play... Hilarious.

On the bad news front, my front diff is on the way out, going to take a lot of wrench turning and heavy lifting to fix it. I'm going to call it an excuse to put a locker up front. Deep snow! BRING IT BABY!!!!

-Eric

PS: few inches here in the last day or so, nothing special but enough to snow-pack most roads and inject some fun.

KD5XB

Enlightened
We didn't get a lot of snow, perhaps 3 or 4 inches, but the temperature this morning was 6 above zero Fahrenheit. Brr......

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
This winter is the worst of the last five years or more. Pretty soon I'm out of space to dump snow from our driveway. -28 to -30C (-22F) are forecast in our area on Tuesday/Wednesday, and more snow of course.

This is a pic from 1980, a record winter here. At the summer house during winter holiday. My little brother is just realising that judgment is about to be exacted on him for his misdeeds.....

1980.jpg

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maryland.
-1C tonight but they are promising -8C this weekend. Most of this melted however.

I cannot get my chainsaw started, it's the $89 special tool from Wally-Worlde.
Thinking of upgrading to something better anyway, any ideas from you smart people?

If not, here comes the 500 FRN electric heating bill again.

winter1057.jpg

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
Political tangents removed, with a reminder that more volatile discussion can take place freely in the Underground.