SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
Newbie Q, but is the Executive body the same as the Surefire Scout?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The body of the M600* Scout Lights are threaded like any other E-series light, but the Scout Light body incorporates an adapter for a weapon mount. See here vs here.

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the thumbs up!

Speaking of which, DaFabricata deserves about 100 :thumbsup:!!!

Now, how about some low numbers?

...this is KX1 #A00019

Is she special? Hell Yes!

Not because she's #19, but because I have never owned or seen another LED light with such a gorgeous (to my eyes!) tint. Basically the only LED light I use.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
But nearly the same weight, width and length?
I've never measured them and don't own a Scout Light body, so I can only speculate...

The length should be the same. Interior diameter should be the same, within a mm or so - E-series ID's have varied over the years. The exterior diameters (excluding the adapter portion of the Scout Light body) are probably similar. I imagine the Scout Light body is a few ounces heavier.

See DaFABRICATA's picture in post #24 for a better visual comparison.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Got my First E series today :)

e2epic1.jpg

I didn't realize until I held it how great these feel in hand. I'm running the IMR-E2 :)

-Eric

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
We really do not have very many choices when it comes to a single cell Incandescent....or at least one that performs well enough to be usefull. The little E1E in its stock form does well enough for around the house and is still my favorite E series light.

I have long been a huge fan of the E1E paired with the various Lumens Factory lamps and with the right lamp it is a very good performer on a single cell. Throw in the EO lamp and a rechargeable 123 cell and it is indeed a powerhouse of a small light.

I believe the E1E is one of those classics that will always hold some type of appeal to me regardless of what else I carry.

Illum

Flashaholic
Got my First E series today :)

e2epic1.jpg

I didn't realize until I held it how great these feel in hand. I'm running the IMR-E2 :)

-Eric

Congrats on your first E series!
I think you are set by now, eh? one M series, one P series, now an E...how about a C?:)

you tossed that M6? looks new to me :)

mdocod

Flashaholic
Congrats on your first E series!
I think you are set by now, eh? one M series, one P series, now an E...how about a C?:)

you tossed that M6? looks new to me :)

Howdy :)

No C2 yet, some day! I hear this is another must-have (I guess they all are really) for the grip design. I'll have to decide if I keep the E2E or sell it and pick up a C2 or

Yea, that's the M6 that took a drunken 30ft vertical toss, but in the drunken testing the regular turbo-head was on it, I've been tinkering with the cucumber option lego since my Z46 came in. Looks weird like this... hehe.

-Eric

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I get an L1 will a 17500 cell fit?

I saw a couple of you folks say that with some boring a 17500 will fit. So, I figure lengh wise it does, but the diameter needs to be opened up a bit..

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I saw a couple of you folks say that with some boring a 17500 will fit. So, I figure lengh wise it does, but the diameter needs to be opened up a bit..
Out of the box, the battery compartment isn't long enough for a 17500. The boring that folks have described is to remove the driver and bore it out to a straight tube. On the older L1 bodies you could then use two cells or a 17670. The newer bodies are shorter, and if others have done it, then I guess a 17500 would fit.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends. I'm one them folks so here's what I know.

* The new Cree L1 body is too short even if you take out the driver. It is only about 1mm too short, so if you modify the head to lower the contact point it will fit. Another CPF member had Milky do this to his, but used a KX head to put a driver in it. You could make a body tube extension too (I have one drawn up) to go between the head & body, but you have to add a few millimeters and then put a spacer in too. (PM incoming - better get that)

* The old longer bodies will fit a 17500 if you bore it out and remove the driver. Then you need to make a spacer about 10-12mm long. The L1 body on the right in the last picture of post # 20 was modded like this by Milkyspit.

<Edit> BTW, you need to bore out the top few mm of the L1 body to be able to fit any other E-series heads on it. They do this to keep you from putting a head with its own internal driver circuit on the L1 body with a deiver in the body.

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
2xCR123 or a 17670 will not fit in the old body. I tried. it is about 15mm too short. I had to put a 17500 in it.
Out of the box, the battery compartment isn't long enough for a 17500. The boring that folks have described is to remove the driver and bore it out to a straight tube. On the older L1 bodies you could then use two cells or a 17670. The newer bodies are shorter, and if others have done it, then I guess a 17500 would fit.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

A simpler(and cheaper!) alternative would be to buy an Aleph 1x17500 body, Aleph tailcap, and a McE2S switch. You could also choose your resistor value ahead of time, and could have 1 and 2 cell bodies, too.
You'd lose the clip,. I know everyone is different, but that was one of the things that kept me from being comfortable with the L1.